Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2021 3:52:10 AM EDT
I'm just starting to learn HAM, but I'm stumbling on a few aspects. I would love some advice from an experienced operator.
I am a 20 year professional mechanic, so i would be glad to exchange advice and help in kind.

CQ, CQ
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 7:27:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is a link to a group in your area. I sometimes listen to them and
they sound like a decent bunch. They will help you out personally. Just
go to one of their meetings and they should bet you on track.
https://www.southwakearc.com/

Or you could go to the forum here for HAMs.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Outdoors/Ham-Radios/22/
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 1:17:27 AM EDT
[#2]
RF Theory Instructor - like 12 years now.  SOF SI, Ground/Air EW stuff

Not in Raliegh im in CLT - but I have ALLLLLLOOOOOT of experience trying to help people make sense of RF and the like, happy to help if you need it.

-E "K04FLL"
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RF Theory Instructor - like 12 years now.  SOF SI, Ground/Air EW stuff

Not in Raliegh im in CLT - but I have ALLLLLLOOOOOT of experience trying to help people make sense of RF and the like, happy to help if you need it.

-E "K04FLL"
View Quote

I bet that'd be helpful! I'm not far away. I want to upgrade to General and then eventually Extra.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bet that'd be helpful! I'm not far away. I want to upgrade to General and then eventually Extra.
View Quote
I'd recommend taking him up on his offer. He knows this subject matter inside and out in more ways than one.  Don't let the join date and post count fool you.  His experience is legit.

@pevrs114 - send me your email in a PM and I'll forward you a good study reference.

@Cardinal-59 - glad to see you around bro.  You know about the .mil forum?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top