Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2020 7:50:35 AM EDT
Me and a friend are looking for some places to shoot/ guys to shoot and train with in the southern half of the state. Anyone have any spots they would be willing to share in PM or interested in meeting up?
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you narrow that location a bit? Places to shoot other than gun clubs are drying up quickly. Everyone I see looks llike a friggen trash pile so you really can’t blame the landowner. I have a spot that is about a half mile walk in. Word has gotten out somehow and keep finding trash that people shoot and leave there. So I take my atv was a small trailer and clean it up when needed.
Sorry to go off topic. May get some help depending on your area.
View Quote
I'm in the Durham area, willing to drive for it though so honestly anything within 60-90mins. Just looking for something that's not one of the FUDD square ranges
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#3]
There are a bunch of clubs over here in oxford county with nice facilities.

I have not had time to build a range on my property north of auburn yet. Will in the next couple years.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Also interested.

Link Posted: 11/4/2020 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a small pit in progress that would be ok for handguns, can probably get a 100 yard range without much clearing actually. maybe in the spring, would be a private occasional weekend thing though, hoping to build and move over there next year.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a small pit in progress that would be ok for handguns, can probably get a 100 yard range without much clearing actually. maybe in the spring, would be a private occasional weekend thing though, hoping to build and move over there next year.
View Quote

If you need any help with getting that going don't hesitate, I can get another guy also to lend a hand!
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Also interested.
I think my local gun club wants a referral from an existing member .
I don't know anyone around here.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Also interested.
View Quote

There's a few I've looked into as well that require that, not to mention they have many fudd rules, no rapid fire, no drawing from holster.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also interested.
View Quote

What club?
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Capitol city
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Thats the one ive been a member at for years now. I can give you a referral if youd like.  They also want an nra membership for insurance purposes or something.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 1:22:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Train, what does that even mean? Just go find a club and shoot some matches. You don't need to be a member, just show up with $20.

B
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Train, what does that even mean? Just go find a club and shoot some matches. You don't need to be a member, just show up with $20.

B
View Quote

(train)
/tran/

-develop and improve (a mental or physical faculty) through instruction or practice.
"it's a learning experience— I have to train my eyes again and refine my footwork
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top