Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2019 4:32:52 PM EDT
Every lake worth its salt has its version of Lake of the Ozarks "Party Cove".  Does Guntersville have one?

It's going to be a beautifully warm weekend, and I'm planning on getting the boat on the water.  Any ideas or recommendations (family friendlier) to meet up with other boaters on the lake would be greatly appreciated!

Brian
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Well...we didn't find a party cove, but we did find a nice one tucked into a corner of the lake we had pretty much all to ourselves.

I couldn't believe how little boat traffic there was out there on a spectacular Saturday on Memorial Day weekend.  The water was perfect, the kids were having a blast, and we all came back a bit crispy from not being as rigorous with the sunscreen as we should have.

So far, in the three short weeks I've lived in Alabama, I'm loving it.  This is such a beautiful state!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2019 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful, and you're video made me flash back to my own childhood growing up tubing behind my folks boat.  So much fun!

Nice boat, don't see twins often on lake boats.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ve seen some twins on lake boats.

@Squatch what part of the state did you end up moving to?

Greasy is right, that’s nice boat and Guntersville is a beautiful area.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I’ve seen some twins on lake boats.

@Squatch what part of the state did you end up moving to?

Greasy is right, that’s nice boat and Guntersville is a beautiful area.
View Quote
Those are the best type of twins

I haven't forgot about us getting on my old stomping ground.   I really need to call my old buddy, time makes things difficult though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Beautiful, and you're video made me flash back to my own childhood growing up tubing behind my folks boat.  So much fun!

View Quote
Yeah...we felt a little out of place in a twin engine blue water center console fishing boat.  I thought we would have stuck out like sore thumbs if I put the outriggers on, so I left them in the garage.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Enjoy! glad you are here.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 5:17:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Every lake worth its salt has its version of Lake of the Ozarks "Party Cove".  Does Guntersville have one?

It's going to be a beautifully warm weekend, and I'm planning on getting the boat on the water.  Any ideas or recommendations (family friendlier) to meet up with other boaters on the lake would be greatly appreciated!

Brian
View Quote
Short Creek is where you seek.  Several sand bars to pull up on and volleyball on occasion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top