Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2021 7:10:17 PM EDT
Mrs here again.

James had almost finished a rifle for me, and it is not totally put together (2 pieces right now).

I have a box(s) of parts and am not sure what I would be looking for to complete it. I know he had all the parts, just when I started the packing process I didn't thinks about it till I looked down at 2 big gun parts and said well crap, I probably should have paid attention.

Is there a reliable Gunsmith in either the Marietta area or the Chattanooga area I could take it to and they could let me take a photo of the parts that I would need to locate, so I can find them in the box(s) of parts here and get someone to finish putting together (I have a family member who can probably do it, but they live a ways from me)?

I am going to copy to the TN hometown as well.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Marietta and Chattanooga are pretty far apart.   Since Jasper, Ga is about half-way I would recommend Moss Firearms.  Honest, knowledgeable local gunsmith.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
In Marietta, I'd get hold of TruPrep.  I don't think they have an actual "gunsmith" as such, they could either help you out or put you in touch with someone who can.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Marietta and Chattanooga are pretty far apart.   Since Jasper, Ga is about half-way I would recommend Moss Firearms.  Honest, knowledgeable local gunsmith.
View Quote

+1. I have 2 weapons there now and picked up another a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the names. I am moving from a house in the Marietta area up to Chattanooga area, which is why I was asking about those areas. I need to run to Trueprep before too much longer, so I may take it over there and ask. Thanks!

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
@CMShoot aka Shep of Precision Applications works at TruPrep on occassion and is VERY qualified to finish builds.....I would reach out to him.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m happy to help you at TruPrep.  Bring what you have on by while I’m there.  I’ll be there this Wednesday and Thursday, and maybe Friday morning.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, I have had to go back to work, and am working 40+ hrs a week now, with my free days being Sunday and Monday. I know James knew the owner of Trueprep from before he opened the place, so I may swing by.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top