Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 3/23/2021 3:48:49 PM EDT
Simply put, I have an M16 A2 clone and it has a DPMS HBAR barrel on it now.  This was the only 20 inch barrel I could find when I built it back in 2013ish.  I want to replace it with a government profile barrel and figured it would be cheaper to just have mine reprofiled to government spec under the handguards.  It's a good barrel and I've been happy with it.  Is there a shop or something in Missouri - especially in the west-central part of the state-that can do this?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:35:24 AM EDT
It likely will be cheaper to buy a new barrel
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:43:28 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JBowles:
It likely will be cheaper to buy a new barrel
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:55:36 AM EDT
I'd go this route Model 1 sales.  They are gtg, as I have had great service from them for years... Machining long tubes induces lots of vibration.... just to say it's a pain in the butt....
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:50:58 PM EDT
My oldest AR still has a M1S upper and barrel on it still HBAR
They used to use ER Shaw barrels. Not sure if they still do. This was back around 2005.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:39:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmaLiteM15KevinZ:
Simply put, I have an M16 A2 clone and it has a DPMS HBAR barrel on it now.  This was the only 20 inch barrel I could find when I built it back in 2013ish.  I want to replace it with a government profile barrel and figured it would be cheaper to just have mine reprofiled to government spec under the handguards.  It's a good barrel and I've been happy with it.  Is there a shop or something in Missouri - especially in the west-central part of the state-that can do this?
View Quote

Get a new one.  But seriously, if you must, stick with the tried and true like adco.
Top Top