Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2021 3:48:49 PM EDT
Simply put, I have an M16 A2 clone and it has a DPMS HBAR barrel on it now.  This was the only 20 inch barrel I could find when I built it back in 2013ish.  I want to replace it with a government profile barrel and figured it would be cheaper to just have mine reprofiled to government spec under the handguards.  It's a good barrel and I've been happy with it.  Is there a shop or something in Missouri - especially in the west-central part of the state-that can do this?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#1]
It likely will be cheaper to buy a new barrel
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It likely will be cheaper to buy a new barrel
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd go this route Model 1 sales.  They are gtg, as I have had great service from them for years... Machining long tubes induces lots of vibration.... just to say it's a pain in the butt....
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
My oldest AR still has a M1S upper and barrel on it still HBAR
They used to use ER Shaw barrels. Not sure if they still do. This was back around 2005.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Simply put, I have an M16 A2 clone and it has a DPMS HBAR barrel on it now.  This was the only 20 inch barrel I could find when I built it back in 2013ish.  I want to replace it with a government profile barrel and figured it would be cheaper to just have mine reprofiled to government spec under the handguards.  It's a good barrel and I've been happy with it.  Is there a shop or something in Missouri - especially in the west-central part of the state-that can do this?
View Quote

Get a new one.  But seriously, if you must, stick with the tried and true like adco.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top