Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2022 4:39:34 PM EDT
Any recommendations for local gunsmith services. Looking to get a Krieger M110 barrel chopped, crowned, thread 3/4-24.

Don’t want to have the job botched on a pricey barrel.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Send it to Dave Wilson (D. Wilson MFG) - he's done that work on the regular for me and is actually competent.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Send it to Dave Wilson (D. Wilson MFG) - he's done that work on the regular for me and is actually competent.
View Quote

Agreed. I’ve used him before too. Trying to save on shipping if there is someone local and competent.

Delta Arsenal offers these services, but I have not seen their work.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
i hear alot of good about "lee" at delta arsenal, specifically from over at ctguns on reddit.

i also would recommend jojo's.

if i was in your shoes, id go to jojo's or delta with a flip of a coin. i dont think those guys would fuck it up...but anything can happen, but in reality, its just a cut and thread.

and to be fair, a good machinist can cut and thread a barrel, with maybe more accuracy because they are...machinists, not a gunsmith with a lathe and some dies.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i hear alot of good about "lee" at delta arsenal, specifically from over at ctguns on reddit.

i also would recommend jojo's.

if i was in your shoes, id go to jojo's or delta with a flip of a coin. i dont think those guys would fuck it up...but anything can happen, but in reality, its just a cut and thread.

and to be fair, a good machinist can cut and thread a barrel, with maybe more accuracy because they are...machinists, not a gunsmith with a lathe and some dies.
View Quote

I’ll give JoJos a ring and see what lead times are like.

Also, any “gunsmith” cutting barrel threads with a die should be shot.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I’ll give JoJos a ring and see what lead times are like.

Also, any “gunsmith” cutting barrel threads with a die should be shot.
View Quote

i agree fully, i used poor terminology to explain my point.

let us know how it comes out if you use a local guy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I called around a few months ago looking for lead times to have 2 Savage bolt actions barrels threaded and everyone was talking 3+ weeks and around $150 per barrel. I ended up sending them to Morgan at Class 3 Machining (member here) in TX He did them the same day he received them and I got them back later on that week. He offers an AR15.com discount and I think it was only $75 per barrel. I catlled JoJo's, Delta Arsenal and Gunsmithing Limited in Southport.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top