Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2018 3:04:47 AM EDT
Came to the realization that my brother and I are having more and more rifles that we both like but don't really need to have one each. Would be nice to have a trust where we both easily had access to them, and preferably be able to  ship without going through FFL, since it'd be shipping from the trust to the trust. I have a NFA trust for a suppressor we both use and figure a non-NFA trust would be nice for rifles.

Is this possible? Easily done? Any recommended sites or lawyers to draw this up? Once done, how would a firearm purchase have to have paperwork done to have the rifle sold in to the trust?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about the shipping thing if out of state since that crosses a state border.

As to the trust itself that's pretty simple. The only extra paperwork is the statement whomever picks it up makes that it is the property of, and will be used by the XYZ trust.

You could check with the NW Gunlaw Group since they have trusts for not just NFA but all firearms and firearms accessories. https://nwgunlawgroup.com/gun-trusts/
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
That is who I used for my NFA trust, awesome experience.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Same here.  I don't think that I need separate trusts, the one from NW Gun Law Group emcompasses everything I have as far as I know.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
NWLG- Breslawn, if you get the silver with him he (or used to circa 1594) would add an appendix that incorporated all firearms.

Smart pre 1594 play at that time. Nobody knew what the state would want from family to transfer after effective date.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#5]
As I understand it the trust dissolves upon the death of the grantor with the property going to the beneficiary.

I am interested in a perpetual trust; one that allows trustees to appoint new trustees to care for property and does not go away with the death of the grantor.

I figured this would be a good way to keep firearms that are banned in the future but grandfathered for the current owners.  One of the previous AWB's proposed by Congress would have prohibited any transfer of an assault weapon meaning the gun was destroyed upon the death or the owner.  If the owner is a trust that never dies, then my heirs can continue to enjoy them.

Randy
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe the Gold (most expensive trust) from NW Gun Law you can set up as a trust that never dies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top