Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2018 11:08:33 PM EDT
Just joined this forum. I'm looking to buy my first AR15. I have been looking at a Bravo Company, Daniel Defense or LWRC. My Budget is around $1600. I have been to a dealer (Bullseye Tactical) and like what they have on line. I see Oaks is having a show 12/14-16.
Has anyone had any luck purchasing at Oaks Gun show? Can you get a good deal? Are there dealers that will pin the brake and stock there?  Have Firearms ID card and NJ license so I'm thinking FFL's will sell to me? Any help or thoughts is appreciated!
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Arfcom! I think with your budget and listed manufacturers you may best be served buying online and shipping to your local FFL dealer / gun shop. Ask the shop how much they charge for transfers. Some are better than others with what they charge. My local fun shop used to charge $25 but some charge double that. Check out the many site sponsors for deals. Prices for AR’s are pretty cheap these days and if you part it out you can save money for ammo and optics.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#2]
There is usually a fair amount of NJ people at the Oaks show and some dealers do bring NJ legal ARs to sell. However they usually tend to be lower priced guns like Ruger and S&W that are easier to move. I would say your odds of finding a higher end NJ legal AR there are fairly low and very few dealers, if any, are equipped to do any sort of modifications at the show.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Bullseye tactical=
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd take a ride out to Allentown this weekend forks of the Delaware show at the age complex.

Usually can find some actual deals on guns there it's the only show I even go to anymore.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:08:59 AM EDT
[#5]
They are advertising Antique Gun show....By the Delaware preservation of historic guns society?  That being the case how many newer guns will they have? any idea of how many tables this is? Oaks says around 500 tables....
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are advertising Antique Gun show....By the Delaware preservation of historic guns society?  That being the case how many newer guns will they have? any idea of how many tables this is? Oaks says around 500 tables....
View Quote
I haven't been there in years but in the past it was always mostly antiques and old milsurp/c&r guns for sale.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#7]
There will be AR stuff there and quite a few newer gun dealers there. I like the show because it is mostly older guns.

In theory though you can hit both oaks and Allentown in the same day easily.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#8]
go to Oaks and see mark at Precision Firearms. He'll make what you need.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#9]
guys thanks for the replies. I went to Allentown....Kind of a waste there. 90% older stuff and the newer AR's were mostly low end and Frankenstein stuff.
So I took a ride over to Bullseye Tactical and Picked out a nice LWRC DI  and a Sig Romeo4t optic! Should have it by next week!
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
guys thanks for the replies. I went to Allentown....Kind of a waste there. 90% older stuff and the newer AR's were mostly low end and Frankenstein stuff.
So I took a ride over to Bullseye Tactical and Picked out a nice LWRC DI  and a Sig Romeo4t optic! Should have it by next week!
View Quote
How much did Chris charge you for that??
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Oaks is the only gun show worth going to these days. The smalls ones you wont find much other than local mom and pop shops selling old shit no ones interested in. Granted ive found some decent stuff at small ones but its luck of the draw.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Always liked Allentown picked up my m1909 bayonet and my missing 2 Enfield bayonets.

Almost left with a Hakim but guy wouldn't budge.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Always liked Allentown picked up my m1909 bayonet and my missing 2 Enfield bayonets.

Almost left with a Hakim but guy wouldn't budge.
View Quote
What is this place in Allentown?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Tincan, it is the Allentown forks of the Delaware show at Allentown ag Plex.

gunshow

Only show I bother going to anymore if I want to stare at a bunch of AR stuff I'll come here.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tincan, it is the Allentown forks of the Delaware show at Allentown ag Plex.

gunshow

Only show I bother going to anymore if I want to stare at a bunch of AR stuff I'll come here.
View Quote
Crap, I would have loved to have gone to that. I am into the flint lock thing.

Been to the Oaks a few times. To much modern stuff for me - ar15s on every other table. I like em, dont get me wrong but I want to see other stuff.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Go in Feb it is flintlock heavy
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:57:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Just under $1400.....I probably could have gotten it on line cheaper but Chris spent some time helping me select it and I know it will be NJ complaint.
I'm happy with the purchase!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top