Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2020 8:13:27 PM EDT
Wife and I are planning to retire to TN in about eight years.  We've been searching a two hour radius from Spencer because of the range there but not having much luck.  I really like the range in Spencer because it goes out to 1000yds and has electronic targets.  The electronic targets are a nice touch but not a necessity.

Are there other ranges that go out to 1000?  We would like to stay in the central part of the state if possible.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Wife and I are planning to retire to TN in about eight years.  We've been searching a two hour radius from Spencer because of the range there but not having much luck.  I really like the range in Spencer because it goes out to 1000yds and has electronic targets.  The electronic targets are a nice touch but not a necessity.

Are there other ranges that go out to 1000?  We would like to stay in the central part of the state if possible.
View Quote

Not quite central but only about 100 miles from Spencer.  The Oak Ridge Sportsman Association (ORSA) has a 1000 yard range and the Oak Ridge/Knoxville area is a nice place to live if you like lakes and nearby mountains.

Oak Ridge Sportsman Association
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Oak Ridge and Tullahoma at AEDC have 1000 yard ranges, but for high power matches only.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:54:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Right at 2 hours from Spencer would be Chapel Hill, Strategic Edge is there (1250 yds). It requires a membership and getting in may take a bit.  No electronic targets, but does have video for the long stuff.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where about have you looked at? I shoot at that range and sit right at 45min/hour away in Chattanooga. Within a 2hr drive covers a LOT of area to move to both in Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where about have you looked at? I shoot at that range and sit right at 45min/hour away in Chattanooga. Within a 2hr drive covers a LOT of area to move to both in Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We were looking in a two hour radius of spencer because of the range there.  I just want to be able to shoot out to a 1000y.  

Open to other areas as long as there's a decent range w/in a couple of hours.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a member at Strategic Edge. You need to get on the wait list a year in advance to join, but that's no problem for you.

You have to take a class to shoot long range (100/300/600/750/1000/1250) but any basic member can shoot the 100-200-300-500 range. Golf carts available to drive to targets and back when the range is cold. It's a world class facility and the people you meet there are 99.9% safe, conscientious shooters. The owner has it set up where everyone there takes on the responsibility for safety, and it runs like a sewing machine.

I have a range at home (75/100/330/500) and I usually load my stuff up and go to SE rather than shoot at home. It's that good.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm a member at Strategic Edge. You need to get on the wait list a year in advance to join, but that's no problem for you.

You have to take a class to shoot long range (100/300/600/750/1000/1250) but any basic member can shoot the 100-200-300-500 range. Golf carts available to drive to targets and back when the range is cold. It's a world class facility and the people you meet there are 99.9% safe, conscientious shooters. The owner has it set up where everyone there takes on the responsibility for safety, and it runs like a sewing machine.

I have a range at home (75/100/330/500) and I usually load my stuff up and go to SE rather than shoot at home. It's that good.
View Quote

That does look like a nice range
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

What do You think of SE's Long Range Class?  I'm thinking of taking it so I can better use my 100/200 yard range.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What do You think of SE's Long Range Class?  I'm thinking of taking it so I can better use my 100/200 yard range.

Thanks,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

Most of all his classes were common sense stuff (good refresher for anyone) and some physics explained.  Stuff like when a bullet goes subsonic and how rounds can impact targets well beyond the range if not properly sighted in and the deadliness of it.  Explains the long range rules of hit the 6'x6' steel target at 750 before you can move to the 1000.  Then have to shoot the 1000 on target before you can move to the 1250.  I can have one miss on a target and get an extra shot.  If you miss the second time you are restricted for the rest of the day from the line you last made a hit on.   He is a pretty good instructor, at the time I was taking these he was teaching them personally.

I took the long range and 50 BMG course in person.  I think he was looking at an online type setup but not sure, I don't need it.  On that note I have been a member for over a year but have only been there 3 times.....  I live 2 to 2.5 hours away depending on the shitstorm I find on I-24.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Most of all his classes were common sense stuff (good refresher for anyone) and some physics explained.  Stuff like when a bullet goes subsonic and how rounds can impact targets well beyond the range if not properly sighted in and the deadliness of it.  Explains the long range rules of hit the 6'x6' steel target at 750 before you can move to the 1000.  Then have to shoot the 1000 on target before you can move to the 1250.  I can have one miss on a target and get an extra shot.  If you miss the second time you are restricted for the rest of the day from the line you last made a hit on.   He is a pretty good instructor, at the time I was taking these he was teaching them personally.

I took the long range and 50 BMG course in person.  I think he was looking at an online type setup but not sure, I don't need it.  On that note I have been a member for over a year but have only been there 3 times.....  I live 2 to 2.5 hours away depending on the shitstorm I find on I-24.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

Well crap, I just looked at their schedule:  No Long Range classes through at least 2022 are scheduled.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#11]
@merlin  i'll help you out if you need a long range class.  i'm in east TN now though
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks,

View Quote

I think I took it in 2018. He goes into some basic stuff but at the end of the day the class is designed to ensure you don't launch one over the berm and hit someone downrange. It is NOT a highly technical class designed to teach you or stretch your skills in long range shooting and I wouldn't consider it as such. But IIRC he does sometimes teach another, more advanced class for long range shooting.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:08:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think I took it in 2018. He goes into some basic stuff but at the end of the day the class is designed to ensure you don't launch one over the berm and hit someone downrange. It is NOT a highly technical class designed to teach you or stretch your skills in long range shooting and I wouldn't consider it as such. But IIRC he does sometimes teach another, more advanced class for long range shooting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

They show three different LR classes: I, II and III.  Class I you only shoot to 100 yards.  III goes to the 1250 yard I think.  You have to take them in succession.  $200 for the first, $400 for the other two.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They show three different LR classes: I, II and III.  Class I you only shoot to 100 yards.  III goes to the 1250 yard I think.  You have to take them in succession.  $200 for the first, $400 for the other two.  
View Quote

Ah. OK.

As of the date that I joined, you didn't have to take those to shoot. You had to take the long range qualifier class, which is what I took. It's free to members, IIRC.

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#15]
There's a difference in the 'qualifier' and the classes.  

The classes are instrunctional and cover the skills needed to shoot at distance (100 yds+).

The qualifier you have to take before you get your 'LR' sticker for your membership ID (in order to be allowed to shoot over 500yds I believe).  It was just a classroom discussion with no shooting required, basically a 'long' safety brefing (at least when I took it 5-6 years ago).   I'm not sure how often it's scheduled since you only need it once and it may only be scheduled after new memberships are opened up.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@merlin  i'll help you out if you need a long range class.  i'm in east TN now though
View Quote

Taliv is the Real Deal.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Taliv is the Real Deal.
View Quote

If @merlin or anyone else wanted to organize a class I'd be interested in learning. I literally came over to the hometown forum to start a thread about 2021 classes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Taliv is the Real Deal.
View Quote

lol  i get paid in brisket sandwiches though

are you guys looking for a basic intro to long range precision, marksmanship fundamentals, getting gear sorted out?   or you can already hit f-class targets at 600 / 1000 and want to work on speed, barricades and tripods and stuff?    practical boog stuff? long range NV?

i'm on the far east end of TN now and only have 100 and 400 yards on my own property, but have a pretty decent 0-75 yard carbine/pistol area setup.  i've been trying to get a study group together for practicing.    i just canceled my Dead Zero membership last month since it's a 4 hr drive for me now, but we could meet maybe every other month down there or something.  it would be expensive though since they charge a lot by the hour for non-members.   we could maybe do something in cookeville where i used to host matches, but i don't have any steel set up there anymore.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

lol  i get paid in brisket sandwiches though

are you guys looking for a basic intro to long range precision, marksmanship fundamentals, getting gear sorted out?   or you can already hit f-class targets at 600 / 1000 and want to work on speed, barricades and tripods and stuff?    practical boog stuff? long range NV?

i'm on the far east end of TN now and only have 100 and 400 yards on my own property, but have a pretty decent 0-75 yard carbine/pistol area setup.  i've been trying to get a study group together for practicing.    i just canceled my Dead Zero membership last month since it's a 4 hr drive for me now, but we could meet maybe every other month down there or something.  it would be expensive though since they charge a lot by the hour for non-members.   we could maybe do something in cookeville where i used to host matches, but i don't have any steel set up there anymore.
View Quote

I want to learn to shoot my rifles better.  Usually I only shoot at 100 yards but occasionally my 200 yard range.  I'm not happy with my marksmanship at either range.  One thing that bothers my in particular is damping my heartbeat movement.  Another is flinch.

I'm looking for someone who can see the flaws and help me fix them.  Practice doesn't make perfect; same shit different day.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#20]
ahh, cool.  we can definitely work on that.   what kind of equipment are you using?  caliber? stock? scope?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ahh, cool.  we can definitely work on that.   what kind of equipment are you using?  caliber? stock? scope?
View Quote

Ruger American Predator in .223, OEM stock, Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40 and IMI 77 grn OTM.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@cmshoot sometimes teaches rifle classes at the Elk River Training Center in Pelham, TN, just east of Monteagle.
View Quote

Elk River Training Center has a 1,000yd range, plus several other ranges.

I’m running a 2-day Basic Precision Rifle Course on the 1,000yd range on June 12-13.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm running a 2-day Basic Precision Rifle Course on the 1,000yd range on June 12-13.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@cmshoot sometimes teaches rifle classes at the Elk River Training Center in Pelham, TN, just east of Monteagle.

I'm running a 2-day Basic Precision Rifle Course on the 1,000yd range on June 12-13.

This one?

"Introduction: This course is intended to equip members of the law enforcement community with skills required to adequately engage targets out 1000 yards. We will discuss scope operation to include ranging with your reticle and windage and elevation adjustments.

Ammunition Requirements: 100 to 200 rounds of MATCH grade ammunition

Gear: Quality precision rifle with scope and bipod, sandbags for improvised shooting positions, spotting scope, data book, calculator, eye and ear protection, shooting mat, weather appropriate attire.

Method: Classroom and practical applications.
Developed By: Elk River Training Facility
Workshop Instructor: [redacted]
Skill Prerequisites: Current Member of Military, Law Enforcement or Security organization
Number of attendees: Maximum 8
Duration: 1 day, (8 to 10 hours)
Course Cost: $225.00
Certification: Elk River Certification of Completion"

https://www.elkrivertrainingcenter.com/training/non-lethal-defensive-tactics/

Sounds a bit out of my league (what's a data book?), never mind the Mil/LE requirements.  OTOH the price is pretty reasonable for a one day course.

ETA, nvm you said 2 day course.  I can't find a 2 day Basic Precision Rifle course on their web site (which isn't very organized and leaves much to be desired).  Link?  Cost?  Ammo and gear requirements?  

Waste of time (for you) for strictly amateur shooters?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This one?

"Introduction: This course is intended to equip members of the law enforcement community with skills required to adequately engage targets out 1000 yards. We will discuss scope operation to include ranging with your reticle and windage and elevation adjustments.

Ammunition Requirements: 100 to 200 rounds of MATCH grade ammunition

Gear: Quality precision rifle with scope and bipod, sandbags for improvised shooting positions, spotting scope, data book, calculator, eye and ear protection, shooting mat, weather appropriate attire.

Method: Classroom and practical applications.
Developed By: Elk River Training Facility
Workshop Instructor: [redacted]
Skill Prerequisites: Current Member of Military, Law Enforcement or Security organization
Number of attendees: Maximum 8
Duration: 1 day, (8 to 10 hours)
Course Cost: $225.00
Certification: Elk River Certification of Completion"

https://www.elkrivertrainingcenter.com/training/non-lethal-defensive-tactics/

Sounds a bit out of my league (what's a data book?), never mind the Mil/LE requirements.  OTOH the price is pretty reasonable for a one day course.

ETA, nvm you said 2 day course.  I can't find a 2 day Basic Precision Rifle course on their web site (which isn't very organized and leaves much to be desired).  Link?  Cost?  Ammo and gear requirements?  

Waste of time (for you) for strictly amateur shooters?
View Quote

No sir, that isn’t my course.  I’m not sure who is teaching that one, but I could find out if you’d like me to.  

Here’s the info for the course that I’m teaching.  I just put it on my calendar this morning, so it may take them a while to get it on theirs.

The course I will be teaching is geared specifically to the novice shooter that has little to no experience.  I also have optics and rifles to loan or rent, if needs be.

Precision Applications, LLC will be conducting a 2-day Basic Precision Rifle Course on June 12-13, 2021 at the Elk River Training Center in Pelham TN on their 1,000 yard range.

4626 SR 50
Pelham TN 37366

Both days will start at 0800hrs Central Standard Time and run until approximately 1700hrs CST. There will be a 1 hour lunch break each day.

Cost for the course is $600. Limited to 10 students.

DAY 1
Topics covered will include (but aren't limited to):
Selection, care and maintenance of the entire system (rifle, scope, rings, mounts, ammunition, bipod, cases, etc.). This includes a comprehensive disassembly and other Armorer's tips.
Marksmanship basics
Use of optics (including adjustments and all other functions)
Use of data book
Zeroing
CCB/CHB/HFB
We’ll shoot to approximately 500 yards on Day 1.

DAY 2
Use of a mil- and MOA-based reticles for ranging unknown distance targets.
Use of hold-offs as compared to dialing dope.
We will pick up where we left off on Day 1, and continue out to 1,000 yards. I will be working with each shooter to fine tune their skills and fix any issues they have.

We will shoot in 2 relays, so one relay can learn the proper techniques that a Spotter needs to assist the Shooter. All students will shoot to 1,000 yards.

Gear list will include:
Rifle capable of 1MOA. Bolt actions and semi-automatics are both welcome
Quality optics. The following features are mandatory on the optic:
-Finger adjustable turrets with audible/tactile “clicks”, MOA or mil are fine
-Ranging reticle, mil or MOA based are both acceptable
Ammunition, 200 rounds. Ammunition must be "match grade" from a reputable manufacturer, or known handloads of equal or better accuracy
Data book w/ calculator (any calculator that multiplies and divides will work. I highly recommend the Storm Tactical modular rite in the rain databooks)
Rifle-mounted bipod, or front rest
Rear bag(s) (optional)
Shooting mat (optional)
Minimum 5 “dummy” rounds
Spotting scope (optional)
Eye and ear protection
Clothes and footwear appropriate to the weather. If it rains, we train, as long as there is no thunder/lightning.
If you are military/LE, it is preferred that you use your duty gear, body armor and other ancillary equipment that you will use on duty. Train like you fight!

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Contact me prior to enrolling and let me know what rifle and optic you plan on using.

2. It is preferred that your rifle be fully assembled and sighted in with a recent 100 yard zero prior to the class. The zero must be done with the ammunition that you will be using in the class. I offer my services for free to any of my students who need assistance with any rifle or optics work, or zeroing, that they may need.

3. Ammunition must be “match grade” from a known manufacturer, or handloads that you have shot out of the rifle you are bringing to the class and are sure of their accuracy.

4. A bipod or ruck to shoot off, as well as a rear bag. For a bipod, I highly recommend the Harris BRM-S (6”-9”, notched leg, swiveling). I have bipods and rear bags to loan during the course.

5. If you don't have some sort of adjustable cheekpiece, or cheekpad, I recommend one. The comb of your stock needs to be high enough that your cheek bone rests on it naturally when you have a perfect sight picture, not your jawbone or the middle of your cheek. Ask several of my former students and they'll tell you this makes a HUGE difference.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about any of your gear. I would rather sort the problems out ahead of time than have you show up at the class with gear that won't work, or that is set up wrong.

We have plenty of equipment, including rifles and optics, to loan or rent. Just let me know what you need.

If you are a LEO, contact me about POST credit.

Other than confirming 100yd zeroes, all targets will be reactive steel.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks good!

The only real problem that I see:

"Quality optics. The following features are mandatory on the optic:
-Finger adjustable turrets with audible/tactile "clicks", MOA or mil are fine"

Is it possible to convert a "coin" adjustable turrets to finger adjustable?  Current optic is a Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40.

Recommended data book?  

"CCB/CHB/HFB" = ?

The above questions *should* make clear the level of ignorance.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No sir, that isn't my course.  I'm not sure who is teaching that one, but I could find out if you'd like me to.  

[snip]
View Quote
Not needed, I redacted the name in case it was yours.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Started a new thread over on the Precision Rifle forum in case anyone is interested.  Note that I gave no attribution to the class except the Precision Applications LLC.

ETA:  I suppose it would help if dumbshit here included a link:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/precision-rifles/Thinking-of-taking-a-2-day-Basic-Precision-Rifle-Course-Help-me-with-Gear-and-prep/1-11078/?r=-1&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

@arowneragain

The long range class is now an online video with a quiz afterwards, did it last year.

ETA: at everyone on here talking about SE - imma yell out FU AROCK! Next time I’m down there and the line is cold. Come over and chat if you here it
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Between Nashville and Memphis is https://kmprecisionrifletraining.com.  

They rent high-end rifles for their classes, rent one to get maximum benefit from the class.  

A 223 with a diamondback is not acceptable for any serious long range instruction.

ETA: I was a member at SE when they started but gave it up when I renewed one time and realized I had only gone once in the previous year because it's a 1.5 hour drive for me.  If a range is too far you will likely not go very often unless you are a dedicated competition shooter.  But it's a nice place too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Started a new thread over on the Precision Rifle forum in case anyone is interested.  Note that I gave no attribution to the class except the Precision Applications LLC.

ETA:  I suppose it would help if dumbshit here included a link:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/precision-rifles/Thinking-of-taking-a-2-day-Basic-Precision-Rifle-Course-Help-me-with-Gear-and-prep/1-11078/?r=-1&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

View Quote

Thanks for the @ in that thread, I think I have most of the actual equipment require except a mat, bipod or bags (which honestly haven't purchased since this might be more of a personal preference thing and not being able to "fondle" stuff in person has been a limiting factor.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@arowneragain

The long range class is now an online video with a quiz afterwards, did it last year.

ETA: at everyone on here talking about SE - imma yell out FU AROCK! Next time I’m down there and the line is cold. Come over and chat if you here it
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:05:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not sure where  you're located, but I've had people borrow my shooting mat and spotting scope when taking classes, I'm not far from where Shep/cmshoot lives (still trying to get a job that lets me shift to the Chattanooga area) in Georgia.
View Quote

location spotted
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, in that case, if you're setting up for a class and need to borrow one, I or my wife is up there weekly, she's from Hixson and still does necklace restringing for a bunch of jewelry stores up there and is the personal assistant to an author who lives there as well and runs errands for him (usually on Tuesdays).
View Quote

I'll need a shooting mat:  What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#38]
some shooting mats are designed for HP competition.  specifically, for material on the elbow of your shooting jacket to mate with the material on the mat and prevent any slipping around.  that mat material may be hell on your actual elbow if you aren't wearing a leather shooting jacket with extra material on the sleeve.

https://triadtactical.com/triad-padded-shooting-mat/
this is my fav shooting mat because it is suitable for strapping to a pack and carrying.  not just dragging from your truck to the firing line.  also, it has some padding. it's suitable for just about any location.  however, it's pricey.  i got mine off a prize table at a competition many many years ago.    

tbh, midwayusa used to have a cheap shooting mat that was quite respectable for normal range use.

you can go cheap if you spend some time thinking about your environment.  laying on concrete is different than laying on a hot roof is different than laying on prickly pears in the desert southwest is different than laying on snow / ice / mud / hay field, etc.

in most of TN, all the mat does is keep your pants from getting grass stains.   a $10 tarp from wallyworld or a scrap of carpet will do about the same if you're shooting from the same spot all week in a class.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#39]
i'll add that my HP mat was longer and narrower because shooting prone with sling keeps your elbows pretty close together and one of your elbows is actually under the rifle.  shooting from a bipod and rear bag is different and your arms are pretty close to laying flat with elbows as far apart as they can get.   using my HP mat, both elbows would be in the dirt.  it was mostly useless, but then, i'm 6'5" so ymmv.  

the tactical mats tend to be much shorter and wider.  i place my knees on the very bottom of the mat, so my feet and shins hang off it. but both elbows are on the mat.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
i'll add that my HP mat was longer and narrower because shooting prone with sling keeps your elbows pretty close together and one of your elbows is actually under the rifle.  shooting from a bipod and rear bag is different and your arms are pretty close to laying flat with elbows as far apart as they can get.   using my HP mat, both elbows would be in the dirt.  it was mostly useless, but then, i'm 6'5" so ymmv.  

the tactical mats tend to be much shorter and wider.  i place my knees on the very bottom of the mat, so my feet and shins hang off it. but both elbows are on the mat.
View Quote

I met with another Arfcomer yesterday to get some tips on shooting long range.  Most of the shooting was from the bench.  I did get down and fire 4 rounds from the prone position.  Holy Mother of God was that painful!!!  The whole time I was down there all I could think about was:  "Get me the fork outta here!" - not on my shooting.

Tips on getting/being comfortable prone?  Yea, I know: get rid of the gut.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I met with another Arfcomer yesterday to get some tips on shooting long range.  Most of the shooting was from the bench.  I did get down and fire 4 rounds from the prone position.  Holy Mother of God was that painful!!!  The whole time I was down there all I could think about was:  "Get me the fork outta here!" - not on my shooting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Age plays a big factor in prone shooting.  So does physical fitness.  If you're pivoting on a big beer gut welllllllll, not much you can do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top