Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2020 4:41:03 AM EDT
It's looking like a move is going to happen, and I'm trying to nail down details.

Where are the active clubs east of Baton Rouge?

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:51:21 AM EDT
Nicks shooting range in Gary Louisiana may be close. I shoot out there and east of Baton Rouge
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:36:25 PM EDT
Nicks is a great place to go. That’s one of the only outdoor ranges I know of. There is Palo Alto over in Donaldsonville, but it’s a membership deal. I heard they have out to 600 yds and there was talk of 1000. There is also Hunters Run in Port Allen, they’re mostly trap shooters I believe.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 6:31:45 AM EDT
Thanks guys!!

I'm diving into a complete unknown, after generations of being locked onto the Farm up here, with small town/backwoods support.

It's a blind jump for us, and after a lifetime of being able to shoot off the back porch, we might land somewhere that wont accommodate that kind of Jackape luxury.

It's appreciated.

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 1:50:25 PM EDT
Welcome to the state. You’ll find the food amazing, gun ranges are not as plentiful as I would’ve thought when I moved here in 07 though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:11:49 AM EDT
Been down several times for work and play, and like the folks and hunting/Fishing.
On the plus side we have some good friends around Baton Rouge.

Private Gun clubs don't seem to be a thing like they are around here, so I figured to ask.

The other thing is real estate... Everything on line is suburb or a development of some sort, or a HUGE estate for millions.
I figure we are going to have to build, or find an old Farm house, and 20-40 acres and build another Range.

The Chow IS pretty damn awesome. I figure I'll get fatter than a Tick on Velvet cake alone.

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 6:09:46 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By S-28:

The other thing is real estate... Everything on line is suburb or a development of some sort, or a HUGE estate for millions.
I figure we are going to have to build, or find an old Farm house, and 20-40 acres and build another Range.

View Quote

Where are you looking for land at?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 1:18:04 PM EDT
Been down several times for work and play, and like the folks and hunting/Fishing.
On the plus side we have some good friends around Baton Rouge.

Private Gun clubs don't seem to be a thing like they are around here, so I figured to ask.

The Chow IS pretty damn awesome. I figure I'll get fatter than a Tick on Velvet cake alone.

View Quote

Where are you looking? In and around Baton Rouge you’ll need to look at surrounding parishes (counties). Livingston has good schools and land to buy. Ascension in the Darrow area has land but not the best area in our parish.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:53:44 PM EDT
Looking around Ethel and nearby, in East Feliciana.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:03:35 PM EDT
Looking around Ethel and nearby, in East Feliciana.

View Quote

Sorry I’m not familiar with that area.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:56:03 PM EDT
I know of some small acreage properties around 20 acres close to that area. I can take a look around and make some calls if you’d like.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 3:10:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HEdad:
I know of some small acreage properties around 20 acres close to that area. I can take a look around and make some calls if you’d like.
View Quote

If ya have the time, and don't mind, I'd appreciate what ya find.

I might even bootleg some local Maple Syrup your way for the effort.

I'm done Farming..and just enough ground to keep neighbors at a distance, and less annoyed at the sound of gunfire is all we are looking for.
If we have to build, we will build, and clearing ground isn't a problem.

Thanks for the offer!

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 3:15:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:

View Quote

Small town out in the sticks.
Pretty much like where I'm at now.

Thanks though!!

Once we get settled in, the Smoker and Grill is going every weekend.
Gonna have to have a GTG and Feed.
If things work out, there will be a backyard Range.

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:00:21 PM EDT
It's looking like a move is going to happen, and I'm trying to nail down details.

Where are the active clubs east of Baton Rouge?

View Quote
I don't know where at in E. Feliciana you're going, but you're best best for shooting is probably going to be heading to Sherburne WMA for a 100yd rifle/50 yd pistol/Skeet shooting.  Just on the other side of the bridge they have Hunter's Run Gun Club (or is it Bridgeside or something now?) that is mostly shotgun stuff, but I believe they have some pistol/rifle areas.

Indoor they have FRC and Precision in Baton Rouge.  I don't know about up in your neck of the woods.

Going further east, they have competition shooting in Mississippi for 2/3 gun fairly regularly.  WAY further south (in Garyville...St. James parish I believe) is Nick's Shooting Range.  I didn't care for it much, as the benches are pretty close together, and I got stuck next to some kid with a Mosin rapid firing to try and impress some chicks.

Finally, as mentioned elsewhere, there is Palo Alto in Donaldsonville.  Very nice range, they do regular competitions.  They do have 600yd and 100yd areas, and probably pistol.  I've been out there once and I enjoyed it.

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 4:06:52 PM EDT

If ya have the time, and don't mind, I'd appreciate what ya find.

I might even bootleg some local Maple Syrup your way for the effort.

I'm done Farming..and just enough ground to keep neighbors at a distance, and less annoyed at the sound of gunfire is all we are looking for.
If we have to build, we will build, and clearing ground isn't a problem.

Thanks for the offer!

View Quote

I’ll be heading home tomorrow from my little 5 day foray in the woods. Message me your number so we can communicate and go over details a little better.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:44:53 AM EDT
Good luck chasing Bambi!

IM inbound.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:38:34 PM EDT

Thanks though!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:

Thanks though!!

I’m always up for a get together of like minded people.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:21:21 PM EDT
Might be a little bit of a drive for you, but I'd gladly take you out to Palo Alto in Donaldsonville to see how you like it. It's the best "club" that I know of in south Louisiana. I've been a member for two years now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:46:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
Might be a little bit of a drive for you, but I'd gladly take you out to Palo Alto in Donaldsonville to see how you like it. It's the best "club" that I know of in south Louisiana. I've been a member for two years now.
View Quote

I’ve wondered how to get in there to be a member. How does one go about it and what are the fees?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:27:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
View Quote

Thanks Man!

I might just hit you up on that once we get down there, and shake the snow off.

Much appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:52:23 PM EDT
There's a fairly new range that opened in across the river in Plaquemine, in Iberville Parish. I haven't been yet, but I'm told it's nice. I had wanted to go before everything went insane.

Take a look.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:55:30 PM EDT
Thanks fir the scoop! That's one I'll have to check out!

Top Top