Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2020 9:56:10 PM EDT
I know no one knows what will happen in 2020 as far as gun shows go. But I thought it'd be fun to see who could make the most accurate guess on what and when.

I'm gonna say sometime between Labor Day & Halloween there will be the first show back. Either Murfreesboro or Knoxville since those are both private venues.

Guess away, gents. Winner gets a free rd of .45 GAP.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully there will be one in Knoxville before then, looking to buy and sell some rifles but you're probably right, I'm thinking September.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bodybagger:
I'm about ready to have an unofficial swap meet or something in my area.
View Quote

What about those of us without wives??????????    
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Not that kinda swap, but I used to work with a guy that had those kinda parties, can probably get you an invite...
But why is it so many of those guys so eager to share aren't offering anything you'd really want?
View Quote

I raided one of those once after there was a 'mix up' by our informant.  All I can say was I felt sorry for ALL of them and laughed a bunch.   Think about the best looking girl you know.  Now think about her UGLY girlfriend they all have.  What was at the party was the wrinkled ones!  LOL
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Kinda like nude beaches in real life, huh?
View Quote

More like the nudist colony in Murfeesboro.  Dad's band played out there ONCE.  Dad said he had never seen so MANY wrinkles on rawhide in his life.  LOL

I know what he is talking about as the Anti Terr unit had to test its security system ONCE.  One of them had a connection with Ned Ray's Office when he was Governor, who in turn gave it to the Adjudant General and the crap flowed down hill to yours truly.  Needless to say we got in, but I am still trying to erase the sight from my mind!

Ask your self one thing if you think it is exciting.  Would you want to see your Grand Parents Nude after they had been out in the sun 50 years naked?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Came in to Nashville Sunday & saw a billboard about the Murf show in late Sept. Apparently it is still on as of today I was told. Time will tell if city officials allow that large of a group inside a building.

I'm guessing football games with outdoor seating will be a bit different.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#9]
As of now, the Chatt show is still scheduled to be on. If they allow it, I'm guessing they'll only allow so many inside the show at a time, forcing those others to stand outside in the heat. Not my idea of a good time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#10]
The Knoxville gunshow from April has been rescheduled for June 27-28, hopefully they can keep this date.
Knoxville Gun Show
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, rk gun show website doesn't list the Knoxville show as postponed like all the others.
Does anyone know if this show is still on? Or if so, are most the vendors going to be there?
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Call the number in the RK ad. They are friendly folks and will let you know for sure.
View Quote

Will do, Thanks.

Eta: The gun show is still happening and was told there is a good number of vendors that will be there.

Guess I will probably make some time to swing by there.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#14]
We got a postcard yesterday about the Chatt show being still on. They're holding it on July 4th, the WORST weekend to hold a show, IMO.

TICS is closed on July 4th. All day, so NO sales that day. Not to mention everyone & their brother will be grilling, picnicking & so forth. Just a horrible weekend for a gun show.

How's that for running a business?  

Link Posted: 6/23/2020 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We got a postcard yesterday about the Chatt show being still on. They're holding it on July 4th, the WORST weekend to hold a show, IMO.

TICS is closed on July 4th. All day, so NO sales that day. Not to mention everyone & their brother will be grilling, picnicking & so forth. Just a horrible weekend for a gun show.

How's that for running a business?  

View Quote

Shouldn't you be able to buy a gun with a carry permit without a having to do background check. In GA. if we have a carry permit a person Doesn't have to run a Background Check.  Do they do that in GA.

I have thought about going to the Chattanooga Gun Show. I have an AR carbine to sell. Mixed Middle of the road gun. Someone from TN with a Carry permit and Find a dealer to do a Face to Face Transfer IF y'all can do buys with permit and no Background.

Link Posted: 6/28/2020 2:15:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Shouldn't you be able to buy a gun with a carry permit without a having to do background check. In GA. if we have a carry permit a person Doesn't have to run a Background Check.  Do they do that in GA.

I have thought about going to the Chattanooga Gun Show. I have an AR carbine to sell. Mixed Middle of the road gun. Someone from TN with a Carry permit and Find a dealer to do a Face to Face Transfer IF y'all can do buys with permit and no Background.

View Quote

Unfortunately, a carry permit does not exempt you from the background check requirement in TN.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, a carry permit does not exempt you from the background check requirement in TN.
View Quote

Keep in mind the background check is a FEDERAL requirement.

We 'could' be exempted, if the TBI was willing to give up the money. TBI would have to run regular checks on all permit holders (which costs them practically nothing) AND ask ATF for the background check exemption for permit holders, which would reduce their revenue.

We had the same issue when I lived in Nevada, everyone had to have a check done, UNTIL 2012 when we pressured DPS to ask for the exemption.  You did have to get a new permit before you were exempted, but that wasn't too big a deal.

The TBI could also forgo their check entirely and allow dealers to use the NICS system (what TICS queries anyway), it's FREE, again reducing their revenue.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We 'could' be exempted, if the TBI was willing to give up the money. TBI would have to run regular checks on all permit holders (which costs them practically nothing) AND ask ATF for the background check exemption for permit holders, which would reduce their revenue.

We had the same issue when I lived in Nevada, everyone had to have a check done, UNTIL 2012 when we pressured DPS to ask for the exemption.  You did have to get a new permit before you were exempted, but that wasn't too big a deal.

The TBI could also forgo their check entirely and allow dealers to use the NICS system (what TICS queries anyway), it's FREE, again reducing their revenue.
View Quote

Well shit. I was hoping to get this one last AR sold. AND I am done doing anything until the Drama is over. I have ammo I have mags I have an AR pistol. LOLOL Well see what brace the ATF is interested in banning. Gauranteed its the one I have on my AR Pistol. Just because that's the way it would work out for me. OH well SBR route for sure now. Only reason I bought it is because we would go to the Mountains Elijay and then Go up to the Cherokee National Forest and then over to Chattanooga Sometimes Wind up in Gatlinburg for a walk.

My sunday will be shit now. OH well Thanks again TN boys from a Lost GA Boy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Shouldn't you be able to buy a gun with a carry permit without a having to do background check.
View Quote

Many states do allow that. TN is not one of them.

Technically, one could have a carry permit & get an indictment of some sort.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Chick at TICS told me last week they're doing 2,000 checks a week. That's $10 per pop, $20,000 per week. You think TN is going to give up ANY of that income? Shit fuck no, they're not.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Chick at TICS told me last week they're doing 2,000 checks a week. That's $10 per pop, $20,000 per week. You think TN is going to give up ANY of that income? Shit fuck no, they're not.
View Quote

I still want a state rep or senator to have the balls to stand up and ask if TICS revenue exceeds the TICS budget, and if it does, why are we being overcharged and de facto taxed on gun purchases?

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Well shit....I thought TN was cool......Just moved here from TX and getting a CHL was super easy at the drivers licenses place.  Just needed to get finger prints and 10 days later it was already in the mail.  So buying a gun will cost me $10 extra for a background check....learn something new every day.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well shit....I thought TN was cool......Just moved here from TX and getting a CHL was super easy at the drivers licenses place.  Just needed to get finger prints and 10 days later it was already in the mail.  So buying a gun will cost me $10 extra for a background check....learn something new every day.
View Quote

The $10 fee goes back to the beginning of the federal checks.  The Brady background check law doesn't allow the feds to collect a fee, but does allow states to collect a fee if the state acts as a point of contact for NICS.  As I recall, Tennessee decided to cooperate by being a point of contact and by doing sort of a trial run with the feds - starting the NICS checks before they were required in most states.

The carry permit stuff is a mix of still trying to clear out the BS that was kept in place when the democrats still controlled half of the state legislature, and anti-gun politicians offering to help out gun owners by proposing bills that sound like they might help gun owners, but actually do nothing but divert attention away from the bills that were submitted to actually fix the BS that needs to be cleared out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I still want a state rep or senator to have the balls to stand up and ask if TICS revenue exceeds the TICS budget, and if it does, why are we being overcharged and de facto taxed on gun purchases?
View Quote

A) You expect a politician to tell the truth?

B) They'll tell you the excess either went into their "rainy day fund" for when sales are slow or back to the general fund.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Got word today the Crossville show Aug 1 & 2 is a "go".

Not sure whom will have what, but The Gun Crew will be there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Just got word of a Manchester show Aug 8 & 9 is a "go". No clue on quality of the show.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I worked the Crossville show this weekend. It was ok, nothing big due to the cancellation of the yard sale.

I talked to a guy who did Lebanon Sat. He said it was packed but dealers were scalping prices.

No clue when the next show is scheduled.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 12:46:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yard sale isn't cancelled. Starts Aug 3rd
View Quote

That's weird. Why in the world would they do a yard sale in the work week? Previous years it was always on the weekend, coupled with the gun show.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top