Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2018 10:04:56 PM EDT
Does anyone know of good ranges or particular instructors near Frisco/McKinney and surrounding areas that will do some gun safety and intro to shooting instruction? I have a buddy looking for recommendations and I want to get feedback from gun people, not just yelp.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Critical defense group in Greenville, Mac is the man.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
This guy has had classes in the past in Carrollton and Coppell.

A few years ago I was in the Glock Instructor school with the owner, Mike Duff. He's a great Instructor and my wife went through her LTC class with him. She liked the class alot and wants to recert with him when the time comes.

http://www.group6training.com/
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville
Proactive Defense in Northlake (I35W/1171, next to Quail Creek)
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the suggestions.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Target Masters in Garland and Red River in Sherman will do one on one. IIRC it's only $30-$40 an hour for private instruction.

Someone mentioned Frisco gun club. If that's a convenient location for your friend, I'd go there. A couple years ago I saw an employee working privately with a woman, who was a senior citizen. He seemed very patient and she seemed very comfortable with the instruction he was giving.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Crossfire Defense Academy in Flower Mound has several classes for new shooters and for the experienced shooter as well. You can draw from a holster after either taking their class. They are a great group of people to learn from , all instructors are former military and/or law enforcement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top