Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2021 8:18:22 PM EDT
Is there anything locals can tell me about local laws surrounding 2A, Carry, NFA or even car/home ownership that might affect living in Vegas vs Henderson vs something outside of Clark County, like Pahrump?

I'm going to be relocating and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. So far, I've noticed that in Vegas, it seems to be illegal to fire Pellet/BB guns in your own backyard and that is (or at least was) legal in Henderson. And I saw a statement from the Pahrump Sheriff declaring it a 2A sanctuary city.

I'd be interested to know of any differences you have noticed or things that bug you about living in one area vs another.

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
They state has preemptive gun laws. It's all the same regarding gun laws but a lot of other differences in the areas you mention.
If you want to hedge your bet stay out of Clark county as it will be the first to ban everything once they get rid of the preemptive statue.  That's if they don't just ban everything at the state level first.  
Thank a Commifornian invader.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, appreciate the reply.

a lot of other differences in the areas you mention
View Quote

Anything that comes to mind? I'm trying to avoid moving out there, only to find out about some irritating restriction or tax or something. Especially if it's a difference between Vegas & Henderson.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#3]
nothing like that I can think of  only the level of Hood depending on the area you choose.  Not that the Rat's haven't infested the entire valley.

Where are you coming from?
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
finding public land to shot on can be a bit of a drive from the valley.  In Pahrump you need to be careful you don't end up in Commifornia.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
finding public land to shot on can be a bit of a drive from the valley.  In Pahrump you need to be careful you don't end up in Commifornia.
View Quote

That's good advice, thanks. I just checked out Pahrump on a map and didn't realize how close it is to the border.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nothing like that I can think of  only the level of Hood depending on the area you choose.  Not that the Rat's haven't infested the entire valley.

Where are you coming from?
View Quote

California. Moved here before COVID for work. I understand the hate it gets. I can't leave quick enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top