Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2016 1:22:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If I am ever to get into a legal situation with a firearm, my plan is to get Thom Goolsby, to represent me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag, I'm near Charlotte also. I know a few attorneys, but none that specialize in something like self defense.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:55:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Greater Charlotte area here as well, tagging for interest.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know any lawyers near Raleigh that specialize in NFA? Need to change my trust due to a death and I want to make sure it is airtight.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Try Tickle Law office in louisburg.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Terrence S Hines in Winston is my go to guy. Got me out of accidentally going 20 over speed limit once*.

*I loathe Silas Creek pkwy cops. Bunch of ticket fascists.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DV8:

Ticket attorneys are a dime a dozen.   Not what we are looking for here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DV8:
Originally Posted By Spartanatheart:
Terrence S Hines in Winston is my go to guy. Got me out of accidentally going 20 over speed limit once*.

*I loathe Silas Creek pkwy cops. Bunch of ticket fascists.

Ticket attorneys are a dime a dozen.   Not what we are looking for here.

He also does criminal work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Dan Starks who I did my CCW course with gave me these two names:

Richard Peniston

Matthew Arnold Esq

704-370-2828
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Curious if anyone knows of a lawyer in the western end of North Carolina who handles these issues?? By west I mean west of Charlotte.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartanatheart] [#12]
Join the USCCA and not only will they recommend you attorneys, they will help pay for them.

I recommend the gold level at a minimum, as a barebones retainer in a capital case starts at $50,000 and that's what the silver level provides.

Gold is $250 a year, but provides $75,000 for retainer and etc.

Self-Defense SHIELD In Action: True Stories Of USCCA Members

GRNC has a few free names on their site, but they don't pay for your attorneys as far as I know.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Incidentally the famed self defense attorney Andrew Branca has his “law of self defense” classes with specials for GRNC members.

If you graduate his class, as I did, he will give one hour of his expert witness time to your attorney for any questions he needs.

I consider his class a most valuable investment. I’ve taken shooting classes from everyone from Army Rangers, to Marine snipers, it’s just the legal battlefield that worries me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Spartanatheart:
Incidentally the famed self defense attorney Andrew Branca has his “law of self defense” classes with specials for GRNC members.

If you graduate his class, as I did, he will give one hour of his expert witness time to your attorney for any questions he needs.

I consider his class a most valuable investment. I’ve taken shooting classes from everyone from Army Rangers, to Marine snipers, it’s just the legal battlefield that worries me.
View Quote

Just don't ever disagree with him, about anything, at all. Or he'll curse you out and block you on social media. One of the most immature, hot-headed, self-absorbed jerks I've ever had the displeasure of speaking with.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By pevrs114:

Just don't ever disagree with him, about anything, at all. Or he'll curse you out and block you on social media. One of the most immature, hot-headed, self-absorbed jerks I've ever had the displeasure of speaking with.
View Quote

Pray tell, what was the disagreement about?

If you guys get CCW Safe, use coupon code LOSD10 to save 10% on your plan.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Spartanatheart:

Pray tell, what was the disagreement about?

If you guys get CCW Safe, use coupon code LOSD10 to save 10% on your plan.
View Quote

I don't remember all the details because it was a few years ago, but it was something minor on Facebook. He flew off the handle over us having different views on something in some comment section of a post. It was quite telling.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#17]

I don't remember all the details because it was a few years ago, but it was something minor on Facebook. He flew off the handle over us having different views on something in some comment section of a post. It was quite telling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Pray tell, what was the disagreement about?

If you guys get CCW Safe, use coupon code LOSD10 to save 10% on your plan.

I don't remember all the details because it was a few years ago, but it was something minor on Facebook. He flew off the handle over us having different views on something in some comment section of a post. It was quite telling.

Well in his defense, there are a lot of "experts" out there who know nothing....

Hell, I had a former sherrifs deputy tell me that if shoot guy inside your house, and he runs outside and dies, that I should drag his corpse back inside the house..

Without real details, I can't fault Andrew...
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 4:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pevrs114] [#18]

Well in his defense, there are a lot of "experts" out there who know nothing....

Hell, I had a former sherrifs deputy tell me that if shoot guy inside your house, and he runs outside and dies, that I should drag his corpse back inside the house..  

Without real details, I can't fault Andrew... 
View Quote

It wasn't even anything about self-defense. I recognize he's really good at that, I own his book. I'd probably still even hire him as an expert, in spite of his personality. But when your job revolves around selling yourself...
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a local attorney and Law Shield.  Hope I never need to use either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top