Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2022 4:41:23 PM EDT
I have been out here a couple of years and I am looking at joining a gun club.  There was a place in our old neck of the woods that was a horse/gun club and had a sort of country club atmosphere.  It even had reciprocity with some nearby country clubs for pool and golf.  I have seen a ton of stables and a handful of gun clubs, but nothing that is similar to that setup.  Am I missing anything?  I am in Parker

ETA: I'm happy to hear about your favorite regardless of whether or not if fits "country club" piece
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
One thing for sure:  don't hesitate to put your name on a waiting list if there is one.  Might suck now, but someday ...

I believe the Boulder Rifle Club list is way over 10 years at this point, closer to 20.  That's probably an extreme, but the club also caps membership at 500 and pushes junior members on the shooting teams up to the top of the list when they ht the right age.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One thing for sure:  don't hesitate to put your name on a waiting list if there is one.  Might suck now, but someday ...

I believe the Boulder Rifle Club list is way over 10 years at this point, closer to 20.  That's probably an extreme, but the club also caps membership at 500 and pushes junior members on the shooting teams up to the top of the list when they ht the right age.
View Quote

That's kind of what I did and I am waiting on my invite in the next couple weeks from one that generally fits my needs(so I am told).  I don't know anything about the Boulder Rifle Club, but I think I am pretty much out on anything that involves Boulder.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Ben Lomond has a 1 or 2 year wait list, I could be wrong. Check here  BLGC
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think Ben Lomond has a 1 or 2 year wait list, I could be wrong. Check here  BLGC
View Quote

That is who I am waiting on.  Whenever I checked they said that they were sending out invites soon and I was in the next round.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's kind of what I did and I am waiting on my invite in the next couple weeks from one that generally fits my needs(so I am told).  I don't know anything about the Boulder Rifle Club, but I think I am pretty much out on anything that involves Boulder.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's definitely not convenient to Parker, but club members are not the average demographic in Boulder, if that's what you meant.  Weekend matches and leagues are generally open to the public, FWIW.  

Ben Lomond is a nice facility.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's definitely not convenient to Parker, but club members are not the average demographic in Boulder, if that's what you meant.  Weekend matches and leagues are generally open to the public, FWIW.  

Ben Lomond is a nice facility.
View Quote

I consider Boulder to be a beautiful place full of shitty people with shitty politics.  I don't like shitty people so I stay out of Boulder.  I just prefer spending my money and time in other places.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tuppergun has spent a lot of time and sweat making Ben Lomand a kick ass range.  I go out there several times a year to see friends and shoot.
View Quote

I'm looking forward to joining there so that I can have a home base for shooting.  The biggest reason for my question is actually more a result of some friends belonging to a country club.  They keep telling us to get a social membership b/c I don't golf.  The cost isn't much, but it got me thinking about whether there was something similar to the gun club that I mentioned in my original post.  I've seen shotgun clubs and tons of horse stables.  I would have thought that there was something similar out here.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tuppergun has spent a lot of time and sweat making Ben Lomand a kick ass range.  I go out there several times a year to see friends and shoot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2022 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#10]
You know, with the weather warming the Como range looks awful nice for a day trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top