Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2021 12:01:01 AM EDT
We are headed to a beach house rental - Sea Oats Dr in Ft Morgan tomorrow 8/28.
Getting a bit worried with storm forecast. House is on stilts but car will be parked at ground level.
Anyone in area that can give feedback / advice would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#1]
It'll be rough waters and windy... looks like Ida is heading more west so that will be good. I'm 20 miles N from Orange Beach and rain for today is 30-40% in afternoon... Sunday-Tuesday they have us being drenched. Looks like we'll get the outer bands so wind and rain my good man. I believe the mayor of Dauphin Island closed beaches yesterday (seems like I heard it on radio) due to rough surf.

ETA... that area has storm surge watch in effect. Think the car will be good
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks LAJ.
We got stormed out last year at same location, power out, flooding, gulf shores closed to non residents.
Been messaging property owner, we are NOT heading down today, monitoring weather today/tonight, hoping we can head down tomorrow - may have to push to Monday. Power and flooding are my biggest worries given property location out on the peninsula.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks LAJ.
We got stormed out last year at same location, power out, flooding, gulf shores closed to non residents.
Been messaging property owner, we are NOT heading down today, monitoring weather today/tonight, hoping we can head down tomorrow - may have to push to Monday. Power and flooding are my biggest worries given property location out on the peninsula.
View Quote

Probably a wise thing. My wife and kiddos are going to help the MIL on Ono pack up the outside furniture due to anticipated winds. Looks like we will miss the lion's share of everything. Haven't heard anything being shut down other than Dauphin Island.

I'll keep my ear to the ground for you.

ETA... saw Orange Beach beaches are closed to public

Orange Beach news
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate it!
Not always easy finding current local info for Ft Morgan / Baldwin County.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top