Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2021 2:19:50 PM EDT
I have been playing for years since high school, but I finally am getting more serious about it now that I have kids and all my bar days are behind me. Does anyone know of a good late beginner/early intermediate stage guitar teacher? I'd like to do once every two weeks with night appointments available. I'd like to start this summer/fall. I want a professional teacher who is good at explaining things like I am an idiot.

I am in Northeast Walworth county.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:56:37 PM EDT
Macyn Taylor used to give guitar lessons in addition to teaching at one of the Milwaukee area universities. Not sure if she still does. (She was a child prodigy, playing shows when she was little. She graduated from college when she was 17.) I met her a few times and she was a very kind person.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:17:36 PM EDT
https://themusiccafe.com/

Mukwanago.  IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:15:31 AM EDT
What are you looking to learn? Theory? Techniques?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:04:44 PM EDT
I'm looking to get real basic theory to start. I'd like to learn more neck positions and move on from open chords, barre chords and pentatonic e minor licks. I'd like to learn how to sit in a jam and know the flow, right now I am struggling to keep up. Also having an outside opinion on my practice routine and structuring it for efficient use of time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:05:16 PM EDT
Thanks for the suggestions
Top Top