Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2022 11:35:38 PM EDT
My son has been selected to attend a Civil Air Patrol encampment in Guernsey and I was wondering if there was any must see things around there. My wife and I are thinking of spending an extra day around the area or I might drive down to Albany and show her where we elk hunt. Then the next weekend I will bring my daughter along to pick my son up. Appreciate any info on the area

Thank you
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Fort Laramie.  The museum at Guernsey state Park.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I pick the boy up on the 14th a Sunday so I might take a couple extra days and just check stuff out on the way back. My daughter has never been to Wyoming and we didn’t put in for any tags so no hunting trip this fall for the boy and I.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, that's about it for Guernsey.

Eat at the Miner's and Stockmen in Hartville. You won't be disappointed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fort Laramie.  The museum at Guernsey state Park.
Yep, that's about it for Guernsey.

Eat at the Miner's and Stockmen in Hartville. You won't be disappointed.

WAAAAy overpriced for the so so food.  

Trail ruts just south of town. Signatures on the cliff south of town. Chimney Rock National Monument in Scottsbluff NE.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That must've changed, because it has been excellent the three times I have eaten there.
View Quote

Wyoming has been impacted within the top 25% due to inflation.  I think you're going to see
declining quality and increased prices. Bottom line it costs money to get stuff here.  

I order large lots of linen products and getting people to transport up here can be challenging.  
I've lost bulk sales because they say they just don't get up here.

Meanwhile I see streams of trucks every day.   *Shrugs*  Right on the interstate.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys for the info. Looks like we will head out Friday morning stay Friday night in Cheyenne drop the boy off Saturday then the wife and I will stay Saturday night in Cheyenne and drive back home Sunday. So looking for a good dinner spot to take momma Saturday night. She’s over the heat and humidity in Missouri so it’s a chance to sell her on moving to Wyoming when I can retire in 7 years. I wonder if there is any use of a tool and die maker in Wyoming?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks guys for the info. Looks like we will head out Friday morning stay Friday night in Cheyenne drop the boy off Saturday then the wife and I will stay Saturday night in Cheyenne and drive back home Sunday. So looking for a good dinner spot to take momma Saturday night. She’s over the heat and humidity in Missouri so it’s a chance to sell her on moving to Wyoming when I can retire in 7 years. I wonder if there is any use of a tool and die maker in Wyoming?
View Quote

What does she like? I can recommend a couple places
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Mexican and Italian are top or a good steak house.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Rib and chop house
Napoli's
Bella Fuoco
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you sir
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#12]
No problem. Enjoy.
I'd offer to buy beer but I'm a poor at the moment. So I'll be at home drinking
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:46:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys. Well we didn’t make it to any nice restaurant. After dropping the boy off we went down through wheatland and then to Albany. My wife had never been to Wyoming and wanted to see where I hunted at. So we went up to Rob Roy and around to lake Owen. There was a fire out there 5-6 years ago was there another one? Hated to see the train car burned up. She did get to see a moose and an elk. She understands why I love Wyoming so much now. At first around Cheyenne she wasn’t sure. Had a crazy fast trip but it was fun. We did Ft Laramie and the old army bridge was cool. Brought my daughter along to pick him up. We came back through Scott’s bluff visited it and the Agate fossil beds. Stopped in Kearney for the night will finish the drive up in the morning. My son had a blast at encampment even got to ride in a Huey and his flight was the honor flight of encampment. He was asked to put in for staff for Montana encampment next year and I think he is doing that. We seen some mule deer and my favorite antelope. Can’t wait until I can draw a tag again and come chase them. Thanks for sharing your state with us. It was awesome as always
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top