Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2018 7:43:47 AM EDT
Seems like Garrett Mason is our guy?

He just seems a little too "smooth talking politician" to me but maybe that's a given after the refreshing plain talk of Gov LePage.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, Garrett Mason looks like the best candidate going into the primaries.

I plan to vote for him in the R primary -- and will vote for whichever R wins the primary in the general.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Haha yea hes not so brash.  Hes got a couple votes here.  When is the voting day/time?
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]
What's he said or done that makes him the favored guy?  The primaries dont make the news much that's not behind pay walls.  Are any of the Republicans a dud on gun rights. From what I have read looks like most all the dems are. Any poll data out there I'm hoping we dont get caught up in any Republican blood bath that I expect to happen this cycle in Congress.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Haha yea hes not so brash.  Hes got a couple votes here.  When is the voting day/time?
View Quote
June 12th is the date.  Not sure on time but I assume it's like a regular voting day?

Quoted:
What's he said or done that makes him the favored guy?  The primaries dont make the news much that's not behind pay walls.  Are any of the Republicans a dud on gun rights. From what I have read looks like most all the dems are. Any poll data out there I'm hoping we dont get caught up in any Republican blood bath that I expect to happen this cycle in Congress.
View Quote
Mason was the only candidate that mentioned the 2nd in his opener at the debate.

My thinking is this:

Fredette is an attorney that worked for Rubio's 2016 campaign.
Mayhew was a D.C. Lobbyist.
Moody seems ok, but when he mentions the 2nd, it's all "sportsman!" and "Maine's hunting tradition" type shit.

I did not look at any of the D candidates.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Republicans are fortunate to have great candidates in this primary.  Moody, Mayhew and Fredette are all good in different ways.  All have expressed very pro-2A views.

My only gripe with Mason (other than that I don't think he has been anything other than a politician all his life) is that he is running his campaign with a million dollars of taxpayer money from Maine's "clean elections" law.  The others are all doing it the old fashioned way and asking donors for money.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I could not believe how much money the candidates get with the stupid clean elections thing. Unbelievable. As for Mason, The guy is only 32. Seems kind of young to me to be running the entire state. Not that I think being older makes anyone of the other candidates any better but, I am 32 myself and I know I will have a lot more experience under my belt the time I am the age of someone like Moody. I have favored Shaun Moody from the start but I agree he is kind of a one trick pony with the business aspect. He says he is 2A but as was mentioned he may be 2A but more of a FUDD type than a "cold dead hands" type.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top