Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2021 7:03:14 PM EDT
I've been here for several years now but haven't done any hunting at WMAs, only two trips for pest control on private land. I have a Creedmore build in the works for Deer but figured I'd put the small frame ARs to use for Groundhog hunting come fall.

Has anyone been Groundhog hunting in the area? Or for that matter, other non-big game where centerfire rifle is allowed on WMA land? Curious to hear your thoughts as I always considered them to be barn/garden critters, not something you'd run into much in the field or forest.

As an aside, the volume of TWRA hunting bylaws is astoundingly complicated. Felt like I was reading 'War and Peace'
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
From your title, I figured you hadn’t been here long. No offense, but it’s Middle TN, not central. May not sound like a big deal, but it is. Calling it central sets you apart right away.

If you really want to shoot groundhogs, go knocking on doors of local farmers. There is hardly a farmer who has them that would mind you shooting them. One steer with a broken leg after stepping in a hole will change any farmers mind if they were on the fence. Just be polite, don’t knock down fences, close gates and don’t call it central TN
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Central, lol.

Heck, throw an add up on craiglist or whatever, someone may call you.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Central, lol.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top