Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2021 1:03:17 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm here on vacation with my family and am use to grocery stores being short on things like toilet paper and paper towels but this has me scratching my head.

I've been able to find whole wheat bread and grape jelly - and just about everything else we need for the two weeks here - but there is no peanut butter anywhere near where we are staying in Dade County.

Anyone know why there is a peanut butter shortage in the area?  Where can I get some peanut butter for my kids?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a new one on me try Aldi or Publix or check Dollar General they have a small grocery section.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Publix is what you seek.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Wife is the peanut butter hoarder.

Youse are on the wrong coast.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wife is the peanut butter hoarder.

Youse are on the wrong coast.
View Quote

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll check these out after the the kids get cleaned up - been a long day fishing, would have been nice to have a bag of PB&J's on the boat!

Wrong coast?  We are doing both open water fishing and going into the Everglades while here, think we found a good compromise, but if you have peanut butter on the gulf coast, maybe we made a mistake though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Got a box of Uncrustables from Costco yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#7]
This is real strange. Checked another store and the gas station - neither had peanut butter.

What’s up with Floridaman hoarding peanut butter?!?!

Called the charter captain and he’s bringing a jar for tomorrow.

We’ve got an off day from fishing this weekend, was planning on a drive down the keys but may go to Naples for peanut butter if I can’t find any by then!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Walmart?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I know they are very different, but maybe you'd have better luck finding almond butter or cashew butter?

If the kids are young, you could turn it into a teaching moment - "see kids, I told you Florida was a little different".
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Weird. I'm a regular consumer of peanut butter and I've had no problems finding stocked shelves of it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
may go to Naples for peanut butter if I can’t find any by then!
View Quote

We are closed to peanut butter hoarders.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is real strange. Checked another store and the gas station - neither had peanut butter.

What’s up with Floridaman hoarding peanut butter?!?!

Called the charter captain and he’s bringing a jar for tomorrow.

We’ve got an off day from fishing this weekend, was planning on a drive down the keys but may go to Naples for peanut butter if I can’t find any by then!
View Quote

How many jars of peanut butter could you possibly need?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[/u][/b]

How many jars of peanut butter could you possibly need?
View Quote

Guess that you don’t have two teenaged boys...and are a hungry Dad.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Decided to make the drive down through the Keys and found some on the way.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!  

Still not sure why Dade County has the peanut butter shortage!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top