BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Dang. I just drove through there for the first time Saturday. Stunning area and definitely not much around besides people passing through.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of Griz in the NCDE Recovery Area, and they've been spreading south of the Interstate for awhile due to the pop expansion. And Ovando is right next to the Bob.

FWP tracked a male down from there across 90 & the Clark Fork into the Sapphires. He spent a summe hanging out on the Stevi golf course until he started digging a winter den on the course. So they reloacated him up to the Seely area were he got into garbagae trouble and they put him down.

Plus there's griz coming down into the Bitterroot Side & one male came out of the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness area on the MT/ID border so there's bears in there. Note: The enviros want to have 1,000 griz in the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness area shared by the two states.

And they're coming over from Yellowstone into the Pioneers & the Big Hole.

The newbies moving here need to realize that MT west of I-15 & south of I-90 is moderate-high probability Griz country, and going out into the woods isn't a walk in Disneyland.

My .02
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Saw it in the news.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I've spent time at River Junction just south of Orvando on the BF river. Then up on the NF trailhead. I travel with a Lab so two things happen,  bears tend to avoid dogs and a dog will give me prior warning of an encounter. Carry your deterrents and know how to use them. Do be lunch some critter.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]

“We carry bear spray and keep our food in a bear-proof bag. Bears are always a threat, but as long as we take precautions, we’re not too worried.  Bear proof bag.........................

I heard a report the woman was from Calif.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

“We carry bear spray and keep our food in a bear-proof bag. Bears are always a threat, but as long as we take precautions, we’re not too worried.  Bear proof bag.........................

I heard a report the woman was from Calif.
View Quote

Probably bear resistant Ursacks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top