Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2023 10:18:01 PM EDT
I'm going to be spending a weekend in September in Grinnell for a trap shooting clinic. I'd like to be able to take my two shotguns in the motel with me if at all possible. Any laws regarding that here in Iowa? Am I legally allowed to take them in? I ask because I went to a trap clinic in CR last year and wasn't "allowed" to take them in.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#1]
No law that I’m aware off.  It may be hotel policy though I’ve never run into that.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm assuming then that if it is policy I have to abide by that or choose to go elsewhere? Sucks but nothing I can do then but go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I travel around shooting USPSA pistol matches.  Usually 3-4 of us check in with a (obvious to me) gun belt over our range back and duffel bag.  Never heard anything about it.  However, a long case might draw more attention.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 12:04:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I travel around shooting USPSA pistol matches.  Usually 3-4 of us check in with a (obvious to me) gun belt over our range back and duffel bag.  Never heard anything about it.  However, a long case might draw more attention.
View Quote

Yeah. Two 12 gauge shotgun cases.

ANyone happen to know if the Grinnell area is safe enough to keep these in my locked vehicle overnight a few nights in the parking lot?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No law that I’m aware off.  It may be hotel policy though I’ve never run into that.
View Quote

Stayed in a hotel in CR/Marion last year and it was hotel policy not to allow shotguns in. Sucks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I am here as a.  new member in Black Hawk County Id say just break them down and stick in a bag going in. I doubt you would draw attention. That town is pretty safe but i alwyas get a bit nervous around any major roads....IE Interstate 80
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discrete cases!

No law keeping you from bringing them in, just karens.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top