Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2024 11:41:59 AM EDT
Hey all, I'll be heading to the Greenville show this weekend.  https://www.scgunshows.com/

I'll have a couple of tables this time so if you're there. Stop by and see me.  I'll put an arfcom logo of some sort on the table so you can identify me :-)
VP
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Thought about going, but the very cold forecast has go be desiring to stay inside at home.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 5:44:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: danelen] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sanlanman:
Thought about going, but the very cold forecast has go be desiring to stay inside at home.
View Quote

That's why you should go. Nothing to do outside but a huge warm room full of fun stuff is a great way to spend the day.

I do wonder if it will be a light turnout right after the holidays and with this weather but I'm already in so gonna make it fun either way.  

Folks that run this show are great and I've found the folks that attend and sell there tend to be a good group overall.  At one show a guy had a table with a bunch of old military stuff and my youngest son was looking at an old bayonet that had been modified into a pretty cool knive with the mil sheath and he admired it for a while. Then the guy just gave it to him. At that point i tried to give him some money for it but he wouldn't take it. I think he was happy to see a young teen truly appreciate the cool old military stuff rather than all the tacti-cool blades most kids would like.  Great guy. My son still talks about him.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there Saturday.....where's your table gonna be?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By johnQpublik:
I'll be there Saturday.....where's your table gonna be?
View Quote

I'm not sure. I asked to be put along the permiter but I didn't get any confirmation where I would be for sure. I'll put an arfcom logo on my table though so you can ID me :-D
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:45:15 AM EDT
[#5]
might head that way this morning... in need of of few "smalls" and sometimes I find them... usually between the chinese toy guy and the let me clean your glasses guy.

I'll keep an eye open for the Arfcom marked table

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Back from the show. It was great. I sold most everything i brought and got to meet gunwolf!

Met lots of great folks. One guy even came back Sunday to give me $20 that he apparently accidentally shorted me on a purchase Saturday. I didn't notice it but he was sure he did and wanted to make it right. It was cool because my son was with me and it was good for him to see.  There are of course plenty of yahoos in the 2A community but in my experience you're more likely to meet folks like this in the 2A community than you would in general.

On that note, I did have one weird experience.  I had one guy who was not a South Carolina resident try very hard (almost suspiciously so) to get me to sell him a rifle.  I told him I'd be happy to walk over to any number of the FFLs there who would be happy to help for a few bucks but he argued all kinds of nonsense about how this was not required and finally showed me a North Carolina CCW, which he fished out of a stack of about 30 cards in his wallet and somehow thought that would convince me. The whole thing was weird.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top