Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh, we have a sea port, we don't need a bunch of hippies.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck them. Don't want their problems, let them fix their shithole themselves.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't you think that's going over with a broad brush a bit? They are trying to fix things by breaking away from the stranglehold that Portland has over the whole state. No other way to fix it because libs outnumber conservatives there. At least they aren't fleeing Oregon and moving here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
There is only one point to this IMHO, and it's to grift money from dumb suckers.

Note the fine print: "We expect that the chances of the Greater Idaho movement being successful depend entirely on whether we are able to convince northwestern Oregon to let our counties go."

In other words, they have to convince Oregon to do it. And there's no way Congress, Oregon's politicians or Oregon's blue urban centers would ever vote for it.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's an incredibly ignorant statement.

I am from OR. and a solid majority of the residents in Oregon are conservatives - especially once you cross the cascade mountains with the exception of Bend which is basically California now.

Having the central and eastern side of Oregon only means more tax payers and like-minded people.

The ones that I see and hear speak poorly of this, we'll call it an idea, are the cult-followers AKA Mormons. The LDS church doesn't want people moving in because they don't want their views to be questioned. I deal with this literally every day as I live in Rexburg and am from Oregon.

Some of you need to open your minds a little and realize that their ARE good people in/from other states. Nobody likes an arrogant asshole.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am from OR. and a solid majority of the residents in Oregon are conservatives - especially once you cross the cascade mountains with the exception of Bend which is basically California now.

Having the central and eastern side of Oregon only means more tax payers and like-minded people.

The ones that I see and hear speak poorly of this, we'll call it an idea, are the cult-followers AKA Mormons. The LDS church doesn't want people moving in because they don't want their views to be questioned. I deal with this literally every day as I live in Rexburg and am from Oregon.

Some of you need to open your minds a little and realize that their ARE good people in/from other states. Nobody likes an arrogant asshole.
View Quote

I think those are typically knee jerk reactions to having more people in general.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nobody cares.The LDS are a big reason that ID is not a shithole like OR.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree with this. Their views may not alone with mine, but their morals do.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who told you that, Joseph Smith? LMAO.

Read a book guy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I smell a little arrogance and hypocrisy in this post.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Starts every conversation with " Im from Oregon,but Im a concervative"Aaaaaand nobody cares.OR needs you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

What part specifically?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No arrogance here.

I don't want to come of a Idaho Jesus but you seem to be lacking some useful information:
Many if not most of the people who frequent this forum originate from out of state. And?
Mormons are 1/4 of the population of Idaho, and you happen to live in Mormon central. Calling them cultists isn't going to get you very far. Very far with who? And why should I care?
Mormons are quite used to people questioning their beliefs. They don't give two shits but it wont make you any friends either. I don't care to be friends with people who live an enormous lie and judge/ridicule others for not aligning with their beliefs. Did I mention a lot of them are racists too? Why would I want to be friends with that??

I have lived among them my whole life and yeah they have their peccadilloes but don't we all. At the end of the day they are good neighbors and have a significant impact on the culture of Idaho.
View Quote

They have an impact yes, whether it be a good one or not is up for debate. Nothing is factual when it comes to the LDS religion. Joseph Smith was nothing more than a modern-day con man and the Mormon's love to play the victim role while ignoring the facts. That doesn't fly with me.

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Starts every conversation with " Im from Oregon,but Im a concervative"Aaaaaand nobody cares.OR needs you.
View Quote

Are you suggesting that conservatives don't exist in Oregon?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Just in case you forgot, he said:
Quoted:
View Quote

He didn't say "Fuck some of them."

He made the generalization, not me. Thus making none of my comments arrogant, ignorant, or any form of hypocrisy was used.

Obviously he's stating his opinion, but it's also a display of ignorance and that's what I called out, right?? Did I say "Hey bub - you're not allowed to have that opinion?"

You're trying to bend my words and it make it sound like I'm being something that I am not for some reason. And that's fine - you do you - but you'll be corrected every time you make that attempt.

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#19]
None of which apply to my replies, and everything to do with the original person I quoted.

Thanks! :thumbsup:
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Arrogance is being butt hurt because someone wont adopt you and assuming just because you want to join a club doesn't mean the club wants you.

Insulting the host wont help you with this cause

Most people I talk to in Idaho just want to be left alone, they dont want anymore change and are not interested in having eastern Oregon or Washington as part of idaho.

I have homes in Washington and Idaho and I agree with them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Arrogance is being butt hurt because someone wont adopt you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Arrogance is being butt hurt because someone wont adopt you

Umm...no it's not? And I'm not "butt hurt" either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm just calling him ignorant is all. :shrug:

Quoted:

Most people I talk to in Idaho just want to be left alone, they dont want anymore change and are not interested in having eastern Oregon or Washington as part of idaho.

That's fine and all, but it's a free country. People are reproducing(unfortunately), and every U.S. citizen has a right to move wherever they want to assuming they are not restricted by a court. Ya'll can recognize this and accept it, or bitch and complain about it and still have to deal with it at the end of the day. Choice is yours.

I personally don't care if people move in, however I DO care when they bring their liberal ideologies with them. They're fleeing a shithole because of it's politics, they'd better have the common sense to not bring those same ideas to their new destination(s).
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I was born in Alabama and moved here from California. I've lived about a third of my life in California all throughout.

With that in mind, the one and only thing I currently care about is driving the left out of Idaho. Is that hypocritical of me? Perhaps. But I have seen different places go to shit and the left is the one and only common factor.

So the state legislature has taken up the practice of wielding its own power (authoritarianism) to enforce constitutional rights (libertarianism). For an example of this, see ISC 18-3302J.

So what kind of people are we looking to take on here? Ones who just want to be left alone? Or ones who are willing to wield authoritariansm to enforce libertarianism?

Those who want to be left alone will always lose to those who want to win.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was born in Alabama and moved here from California. I've lived about a third of my life in California all throughout.

With that in mind, the one and only thing I currently care about is driving the left out of Idaho. Is that hypocritical of me? Perhaps. But I have seen different places go to shit and the left is the one and only common factor.
View Quote

I whole-heartedly agree with the bold.

And no it is not hypocritical of you. Conservatives are running out of free places to flee to and the eventual outcome is not going to be good..
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Soooo…I live in Oregon.  Our family has been thinking about moving to Idaho for a bit now, especially the last 5 years or so.  Oregon isn’t what I grew up in anymore…especially the city I’m in.

Reading this thread makes it sound like my family and I wouldn’t be welcomed…at least the “Fuck them” statement…Am I reading this wrong?

I grew up with a good friend who was Morman, love their family values…not into their specific religious beliefs as my family and I have a different faith, but have always been treated like family by them.

Maybe I’ll start another thread asking about thoughts on moving to Idaho and start the mood over again, lol?!
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Umm...no it's not? And I'm not "butt hurt" either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm just calling him ignorant is all. :shrug:

That's fine and all, but it's a free country. People are reproducing(unfortunately), and every U.S. citizen has a right to move wherever they want to assuming they are not restricted by a court. Ya'll can recognize this and accept it, or bitch and complain about it and still have to deal with it at the end of the day. Choice is yours.

I personally don't care if people move in, however I DO care when they bring their liberal ideologies with them. They're fleeing a shithole because of it's politics, they'd better have the common sense to not bring those same ideas to their new destination(s).
View Quote

To be clear,  I wasnt talking about people moving to Idaho.
Heck many would call me a transplant even though I've spent more than half of my adult life there.

What I was talking about is eastern Oregon and eastern Washington thinking just because they want to be called Idaho, that Idaho should want that too.

Idaho is fine just like it is.
If you want to be an idahoan, move to Idaho and pay taxes.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So the state legislature has taken up the practice of wielding its own power (authoritarianism) to enforce constitutional rights (libertarianism). For an example of this, see ISC 18-3302J.

So what kind of people are we looking to take on here? Ones who just want to be left alone? Or ones who are willing to wield authoritariansm to enforce libertarianism?

Those who want to be left alone will always lose to those who want to win.
View Quote

While I dont disagree on some of your points.

Never underestimate the man " that just wanted to be left alone "
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Soooo…I live in Oregon.  Our family has been thinking about moving to Idaho for a bit now, especially the last 5 years or so.  Oregon isn’t what I grew up in anymore…especially the city I’m in.

Reading this thread makes it sound like my family and I wouldn’t be welcomed…at least the “Fuck them” statement…Am I reading this wrong?

I grew up with a good friend who was Morman, love their family values…not into their specific religious beliefs as my family and I have a different faith, but have always been treated like family by them.

Maybe I’ll start another thread asking about thoughts on moving to Idaho and start the mood over again, lol?!
View Quote

I've never met more welcoming folks than I have in north Idaho but dont expect it to happen over night.

That said , Idaho has been literally invaded by its neighbors over the past decade.
The locals have lost opportunity because of that invasion with little to show for it .

Depends alot on where you end up and how you live your life.

It's a free country but you'll have to earn the respect of your new neighbors I suspect it is not much different than anywhere else that way.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've never met more welcoming folks than I have in north Idaho but dont expect it to happen over night.

That said , Idaho has been literally invaded by its neighbors over the past decade.
The locals have lost opportunity because of that invasion with little to show for it .

It's a free country but you'll have to earn the respect of your new neighbors I suspect it is not much different than anywhere else that way.
View Quote

Understandable, thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I whole-heartedly agree with the bold.

And no it is not hypocritical of you. Conservatives are running out of free places to flee to and the eventual outcome is not going to be good..
View Quote

Totally understand, and one reason Idaho is on the short list.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:53:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Curious what you mean by this?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:32:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Curious what you mean by this?
View Quote

If you have to ask, an explanation would be a waste of bandwidth.

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a cop-out.

If you don't know how to answer the question then just say so.

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's a cop-out.

If you don't know how to answer the question then just say so.

View Quote

Or you can stop being an arguementative asshole.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#36]
In-fighting in two threads in the ID hometown forum?

JFC
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think we've had enough of this shit and I am now getting complaints about the antics.
Can we stop with the insults please; implying someone is an idiot or an asshole is same as writing it and we will have no more.
I have never banned or even warned anyone since the Idaho HTF has existed and I don't want to, but: fuck around and find out.
None of this "who me?" shit, you know who you are.
View Quote

YES!!! I love the simplicity of it all!
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I think we've had enough of this shit and I am now getting complaints about the antics.
Can we stop with the insults please; implying someone is an idiot or an asshole is same as writing it and we will have no more.
I have never banned or even warned anyone since the Idaho HTF has existed and I don't want to, but: fuck around and find out.
None of this "who me?" shit, you know who you are.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 12:42:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are smoking something good

Have you seen SLC lately? Nearly as bad as SF with all the homeless crazies!

It's an overall want and need for wholesome family values, that transcends religion. We all want our kids to be safe, and live in peace and prosperity. Those are Idaho values! Not just LDS values.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You guys are smoking something good

Have you seen SLC lately? Nearly as bad as SF with all the homeless crazies!

It's an overall want and need for wholesome family values, that transcends religion. We all want our kids to be safe, and live in peace and prosperity. Those are Idaho values! Not just LDS values.
View Quote

How is that smoking something good? It’s the truth. 40% of Idaho’s population is LDS. They are the largest single contingent of people here. They run the show. Most Mormons live in the ‘burbs around SLC. Same can be said for the treasure valley area hence why all the cities outside of Boise lean right or hard right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top