Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2021 10:26:59 PM EDT
Glen Morgan of "We The Governed" did a great sit-down interview with Senator Linda Wilson of the 17th Legislative District and Representative Jim Walsh of the 19th LD.  If you are not familiar with either Senator Wilson or Representative Walsh, they are two of our strongest pro-gun legislators currently serving (there are a few others out there too!).

Senator Linda Wilson's homepage FYI

Representative Jim Walsh's homepage FYI

If you are not familiar with Glen Morgan, he has a YouTube channel and he has a long history of holding elected officials accountable.  When the state legislature is not in session, he tackles many issues at the local level.  He does his research which is why he is so hated.  Hard to argue with facts.

Glen Morgan's "We The Governed" YouTube Channel

The interview is twenty-eight minutes, but at least watch the first eight.  The whole thing is worth it IMO.

Washington threats against your 2nd Amendment rights - Leg. Update and what you can do about it.

To tie in some of what they talk about, I have included a snippet from an email I received from a lobbying organization related to my employment (bold added by me).

"The bill deadlines are approaching.  February 15th is the policy committee deadline and February 22nd is the fiscal committee cutoff.   House of origin cutoff (when the Senate must stop considering its bills and the House must do likewise) is March 9th.   The biggest bottleneck for bills surviving that March 9th deadline is the constrained nature of virtual floor action - when the entire Senate or the entire House membership vote on a bill.  Imagine a Zoom meeting with 49 participants (Senate) or 98 participants (House) debating and voting on amendments and then debating and voting on “final” passage.  While they are getting better at it, the process is still cumbersome, which is why, so far, the House has only passed 10 bills and the Senate has passed 4.   Bills that are contentious will take up much of that limited capacity."  

KEEP THAT PRESSURE UP!!!  While there have been about a dozen anti-gun bills introduced this session, from the interview it sounds like only three are going to get any play.  NOT that we want to snooze on watching the other bills!!  So, let's keep our voice LOUD AND CLEAR!!!

We can stop these bills from passing - we just need to commit to taking action!  Keep calling, keep emailing, keep pestering your friends, family, fellow members of the gun range, anybody and everybody you know that is a gun owner.  We shut a lot of this sh!t down last session and we can do it again this session!

STAY FIRED UP!!!  NO ACTION IS TOO SMALL!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice info.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Great work Twoduecetrey!
If I ever meet you, I'll buy you some beer and nachos.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Linda is an absolute gem. Always writes me back every legislative session.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I really liked Jim Walsh's closing statement; thought it was articulate and to the point.  Just too articulate and long to put on a T-shirt or bumper sticker.  But dumb-@$$ gun-grabbers won't ever give somebody that much attention.
Damn! just typing this not-so-vitriolic post I'm already getting upset and amped.  Too many stupid people walking around.... starting to go off the rails here so signing out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top