Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2020 8:06:16 AM EDT
There is one more boat headed to Duluth: the Hon. James L. Oberstar is currently headed up the St. Marys river toward the Soo locks.

If you're a "boat nerd" you already know both Tregurthas (Paul and Lee) are already in port for their winter lay-ups.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Harborlookout shows that there are just two more boats scheduled to come in after the Oberstar this week - American Spirit Wednesday night at 10 and the Burns Harbor at noon Thursday. They seem to have gotten a good end to their season.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Hon James L Oberstar arrived Duluth 01/14/2020
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice picture
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
cool post.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
It looks like the new Great Lakes Shipping Season is about to begin tonight. The Burns Harbor is scheduled to head out for Iron Ore at 11:30 pm tonight according to Harbor Lookout. I'm not sure if there will be a steady demand for iron-ore products anytime soon, but it will be good to see boats on the lakes again.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The largest boat on the Great Lakes, the Paul R. Tregurtha, is heading out from Duluth around 2:30 this afternoon with iron-ore. Now I feel like spring is getting close.
I wonder if the Steelhead fisherman on the Knife river will be practicing "social distancing"? there have been times where you would have a hard time getting 6' from another fisherman.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The largest boat on the Great Lakes, the Paul R. Tregurtha, is heading out from Duluth around 2:30 this afternoon with iron-ore. Now I feel like spring is getting close.
I wonder if the Steelhead fisherman on the Knife river will be practicing "social distancing"? there have been times where you would have a hard time getting 6' from another fisherman.
View Quote

Wish I would have seen this sooner to take the kids to a lookout to watch it
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry, I hadn't been watching too closely as of late, thinking that there may not be much traffic with so many things shut down currently, so I just noticed it a couple minutes before I posted.
If you go to Harbor Lookout they have a boat schedule for Duluth/Superior and the North Shore harbors, and also links to their cameras so you can watch online.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, I hadn't been watching too closely as of late, thinking that there may not be much traffic with so many things shut down currently, so I just noticed it a couple minutes before I posted.
If you go to Harbor Lookout they have a boat schedule for Duluth/Superior and the North Shore harbors, and also links to their cameras so you can watch online.
View Quote

That is freaking cool. Thanks for the link
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Harbor Lookout is a sub-page of this site:

Duluth Harbor Cam
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top