Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 2/16/2018 12:36:35 PM EDT
This is not good news as we all know that a compromise with democrats on gun rights means gun owners have to give up something...

From the bloomberg news:
A day after another school shooting massacre, Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley indicated he’s willing to discuss new gun measures as Democrats begged him Thursday to take up the issue.

Read the article here: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-15/grassley-says-he-wants-to-discuss-gun-legislation-after-massacre

Time to start hammering Grassley's email.
https://www.grassley.senate.gov/constituents/questions-and-comments
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discuss all  they want.  This will be forgotten next week.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#2]
How about we discuss the fact that in every damn one of these shootings there is the same damn common problem!

In every case the FBI, local police, mental hospitals had warned and all we ever hear is well we looked and everything was OK.

Let’s fix the real problems!
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The people that wish to do harm to others have rights ! Good people do not have rights under the law other then to become a victim. This person has already said he will plead guilty so he does not get the death penalty and he will get a deal. And if he gets the death penalty it will be 25 years or more down the road. If you look around the world justice is swift and prisons are not country clubs. In most states it cost more to keep someone in prison for a year then it cost to send a person to that's states Univ. Good people need to be protected and need to have rights as victims and prisons need to go back to the days when they were self supporting inmates worked they raised there own food for them self and other state institutions. It is time for a change.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Email sent. i encourage everyone else to do the same we have come too far in the last couple of years to stop now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#5]
email sent
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Email sent
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:21:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I typed up my letter so I can copy and paste it. It was hard to just sit down and do it though. I've been so burnt out on politics for a long time and I have such little time to just relax that it took effort to not do something else. Naturally this fight is worth my time, but at what point are these attacks on my freedoms just an assault on my right to the pursuit of happiness as well? I shouldn't have to constantly be writing my reps about never ending assaults on freedom and wasted spending and stupid bills that have no business being written let alone being introduced for consideration by Congress.

Sorry for being a downer guys, just where I'm at right now.

ETA: well said willdo.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Where is Joni standing on all this? Is she caving to those calling her a NRA bit?

What about Young?

Emailed then all multiple times and no response. Time to start burning up the phone lines!
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll start the discussion.

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top