Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2021 4:42:46 PM EDT
Hi fellas...

Anyone have an idea what the going rate is for grading in a driveway and a Homesite near Homer? I'm not having luck getting that info via the usual sources.
BTW - what a great state! I wish all the states were like AK.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Google says $5-8 per sq/ft. What I generally do is take whatever google says and double it and that’s pretty accurate for Alaska.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Just an idea here, have you called any contractors in Homer ? if they are already working in the area you might get a deal because they dont have to transport as far or can fit you in sooner
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 3:32:58 AM EDT
[#3]
We haven't called anyone yet. We just walked the property yesterday.
Finding contractors in Homer seems to be a bit of a challenge. Do I go to the Ace and ask around. It's a bit different from the lower 48, which is part of the reason I like it so much up here. Buddy bought 25 acres and I'm looking at the adjacent 17.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 1:58:24 AM EDT
[#4]
It really helps to have a friend or two that know people and do the "word of mouth" thing to find good people to get the job done for you.  Almost all the recommended people we hired for jobs did great work for us.  Some of the ones we found ourselves or were hired as subs by our contractor were not so good.  Having a big name and work force does not equal quality work.  Keep your guard up at all times when dealing with folks in construction.  Good people in the trades seem to know who the other people are that do good work (someone that does good work makes it easier for the next person to do their job) and then some times a person working will give you the # of their sister's no experience kid.

If you have the skills, rent equipment and DIY is huge around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top