Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2020 9:16:59 AM EDT
I havent learned enough on anyone running to form an opinion yet. What does everyone here say.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#1]
So far on the GOP side:

Jeff Burningham
Jason Christensen
Spencer Cox
Jan Garbett
Gregory Hughes
Jon Huntsman
Aimee Winder Newton
Thomas Wright

The only candidate we've had success getting a hold of is Winder-Newton. She's the only candidate to have any kind of statement on ERPOs, the rest have nothing (last I checked).  Hoping to get at least emails out to all of them and see where they stand on the big issues for 2A concerns.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#2]
My totally unverified opinion:

Winder-Newton could be the surprise candidate. Conservative, woman, currently serving on the SL County Council.  I had a chance to talk to her at the Feb 8 rally and she seemed eager to talk to the pro-gun orgs.  If she plays her cards right, she could hit all the proper highlights against a field of established men.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I've gotten response from Greg Hughes.  He is against ERPO he says.  Aimee has been good to talk to as well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've gotten response from Greg Hughes.  He is against ERPO he says.  Aimee has been good to talk to as well.
View Quote
Mind sharing his response, stripping any personal info you want to hide?
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I have it as a video on facebook.  Got somewhere you want me to share it there?  I posted it in the group Utah for Trump but I can post it where ever.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have it as a video on facebook.  Got somewhere you want me to share it there?  I posted it in the group Utah for Trump but I can post it where ever.
View Quote
Private message me a link on Facebook if you can, I'll DM you my profile #
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone know anything about Jeff Burningham?  He seems pretty Conservative

https://jeffburningham.com/issues/
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 1:23:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does anyone know anything about Jeff Burningham?  He seems pretty Conservative

https://jeffburningham.com/issues/
View Quote
One of my buddies worked on a project for him and swears up and down he's a rude butthole of a man
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I personally don't like him.  I asked very specific questions and he wouldn't answer them.  He has a hard time taking a stance on anything.  Then on top of that he is paying people for votes.  He seems super shady to me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Right now I'm going to vote for Greg Hughes with Aimee as my back up.  Things I've heard about both that I can't verify are.  Greg is a snake in the grass and will say anything to get elected.  Yet he has also pushed to get things passed that I agree with.  Aimee is in lobbyist pocket.  I found a news article where she fought a lobbyist.  Also one more con on Aimee is she wants to use eminent domain to put is some green bike trail thing, which I'm against.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Right now I'm going to vote for Greg Hughes with Aimee as my back up.  Things I've heard about both that I can't verify are.  Greg is a snake in the grass and will say anything to get elected.  Yet he has also pushed to get things passed that I agree with.  Aimee is in lobbyist pocket.  I found a news article where she fought a lobbyist.  Also one more con on Aimee is she wants to use eminent domain to put is some green bike trail thing, which I'm against.
View Quote
She opposed the Olympia Hills development, though

Her brother (Rep. Winder) supported eminent domain and got positively excoriated for it on social media, are you confident you're not confusing the siblings?
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#12]
No it's her for some Mt.Bike trail system she wanted.  Not a huge issue for me but still don't think that is a reason to take people property.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No it's her for some Mt.Bike trail system she wanted.  Not a huge issue for me but still don't think that is a reason to take people property.
View Quote
Guess the apples fell pretty close together from that tree
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Burningham had a meeting last night and basically said you need to buy the election.  Told Hughes he doesn't have the money and he should drop and back him cause he has money. So I asked Hughes about it.

Response:
We have gotten to know Jeff along the campaign trail and he is a nice guy. We don’t want to say anything about our opponents. That said, if his message is that he wants us to back him, that tells you he’s probably not as strong as he thinks he is. If he’s talking about us not having the money to win that tells you he’s worried about us winning.

While it’s nice of him to acted worried about the finances of our campaign, the reality is that we don’t need as much money as he does, we will spend our more far more efficiently than he will. We’ve been on TV and radio since we announced and have never come down. We aren’t paying for signatures. Our campaign is fine.

Thank you for reaching out to hear it from us directly instead of listening to other candidates imply they know anything about our strategy or finances.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 1:37:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Hughes is sort of where I'm leaning, but some of his dealings around the Inland Port while Speaker raise my eyebrows a bit.

I don't care for Burningham, something about him seems off to me. A lack of authenticity maybe?

I'd have a hard time dealing with another Winder. Growing up in West Valley and having family in the Sherriff's Department gave me my fill of them.

I also have a hard time believing that Cox wouldn't be a Herbert-lite so to speak.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I spoke with Greg Hughes. He is a solid candidate. And on the issue of the 2nd Amendment, he voted for Constitutional Carry and voted to override Herberts veto twice.  He told me that he is making it a point to get that bill back online and passed as governor. He was also solid when it came to protecting our land from the federal government.

He's a good man, and he's got my vote.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top