Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2020 2:22:24 PM EDT
Seeking legislation to add criminal penalties to the mandatory mask wearing rules in the July/August session

How Long is this going to last people
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a sham....just keep moving the goal post. Two more weeks was eight weeks ago....
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as the government keeps me safe
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure the governor would never abuse a special session to jam through his pet projects instead of the stated goals while people's attention was focused elsewhere.

Just like I'm sure the red flag system won't be abused due to this mask bullshit.  No sir.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Wonder how much gun control shit he will get to ram through?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#6]
the crime commission website has changed.

Its now 5 D, 4 R, and all democrat appointees.

Starting up more gun control and criminal penalties for masking will go great for a november general though.

The crime commission thing bothers me. That's where the new AWB will come from
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
As written, does the current legislation carry a Class 1 Misdemeanor even though Blackface said it wouldn’t?
Also: Will not comply
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the crime commission website has changed.

Its now 5 D, 4 R, and all democrat appointees.

Starting up more gun control and criminal penalties for masking will go great for a november general though.

The crime commission thing bothers me. That's where the new AWB will come from
View Quote

Yea the crime commision being dem controlled is going to bite us in the ass. They will green light every anti gun thing that comes to them.

My fear is McAwful getiing the mansion again. With a dem controlled GA he will be far more effective at getting shit passed than coonman.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:18:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm very worried that the governor will call a quick session and disguise it as another bill to mask (pun intended) his true intention to pass an AWB bill. Just remember, the governor has the power to call an emergency session, but he cannot tell them what to do. So reality is they can pass whatever agenda they wish.

But here's something interesting I read earlier today: https://www.wavy.com/news/crime/suffolk-event-center-owners-arrested-after-woman-shot-at-gathering-of-more-than-100-people-sunday-night/

The Suffolk PD arrested someone for holding a large party where someone got shot. It doesn't exactly say what they would be charged with for having more than 10 people but who knows.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 2:49:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Dust off your plate carriers and Hawaiian shirts, boys...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Do we really need to do this again, already?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Northam and masks: the political gift that keeps on giving.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do we really need to do this again, already?
View Quote

Unfortunately it's a year-round agenda. Any chance they get, they'll use to push their agenda. I'm hoping people are watching and can assemble in a timely manner. This is going to be very important as we really need to send messages fast and show up quickly.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link to announcement/dates for special session?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Link to announcement/dates for special session?
View Quote

Yeah, I do agree with this. I am searching for more information on this and cannot find anything.

There's a budget session that the governor is calling for later this year: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/local-opinions/why-were-taking-a-budgetary-timeout-in-virginia/2020/04/16/aeb6a336-7e88-11ea-8013-1b6da0e4a2b7_story.html

As far as I can tell it is "business as usual" type meeting. They don't pass/propose new laws but I don't know for sure. They just allocate money based on the economy which right now they're not entirely certain. They put a pause on it because they weren't certain how covid-19 would impact the economy and being that it will be later this year, it will give them a better idea where to allocate the money.

My guess is a lot of money will go into housing, unemployment, and tourism areas to boost the economy back.

Can anyone clarify? Any danger to this? I'd like to know factual information, not speculations. Please reply with any sort of articles you can find.

The governor or the house/senate can call for a special session. I am reading in other areas: https://bluevirginia.us/2020/04/if-va-legislators-want-a-special-session-they-can-call-it that the democrats want to call for a special session. During this time, I know they can pass whatever laws they want, including unrelated laws (such as an AWB) if they wanted to. They are saying they want to use it to pass medical and unemployment stuff, but keep in mind there's nothing preventing them from passing anything else.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wonder how much gun control shit he will get to ram through?
View Quote
Everything he didn't get in the regular session, obviously.  Bloomturd wants his ROI.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Alright, I figured out where to monitor to see what bills will be introduced and their status. You can visit the website: https://lis.virginia.gov/ when the emergency session takes place. There's a drop down on the left side of the page that lets you choose which session. This would have the emergency session when they have it.

I recall going to that site during the 2019 July/August special session that introduced the AWB bill that later got (re)introduced to the 2020 session. So keep an eye on that page later on for the special session.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Alright, I figured out where to monitor to see what bills will be introduced and their status. You can visit the website: https://lis.virginia.gov/ when the emergency session takes place. There's a drop down on the left side of the page that lets you choose which session. This would have the emergency session when they have it.

I recall going to that site during the 2019 July/August special session that introduced the AWB bill that later got (re)introduced to the 2020 session. So keep an eye on that page later on for the special session.
View Quote

I think they are going to see a lot more folks join the current type of protests if they reintroduce, much less pass, the AWB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top