Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2020 8:19:10 PM EDT
This looks like Virgnia back in January when their Governor put snipers on rooftops for a 20,000 person protest.  Our Governor is doing it because 200 people gathered on the capitol law on 4/15.

Barricades have been put up to keep the public away from the building.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
They got one their dot’s mixed in there in the second pic.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Our commonwealth is under attack and expect these changes not to go away after the virus is long gone.

Please be extremely polite, respectful and legal with all posts and mentions on here.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I was disappointed by the lack of rifles at the last protest
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our commonwealth is under attack and expect these changes not to go away after the virus is long gone.

Please be extremely polite, respectful and legal with all posts and mentions on here.

View Quote

You act like we’re being watched by Andy bro.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#5]
They are not maintaining social distancing...  what is that tattle tale hotline number??
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They are not maintaining social distancing...  what is that tattle tale hotline number??
View Quote

Government employees must be immune to the virus.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope the Libertarians that put him in office are proud of themselves.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was the teachers and anyone except Bevin..

Jesus Christ.

Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ.

The teachers and those that don't want state workers to go on a 401k to fund their retirement like everyone else has to do wouldn't have voted for Bevin regardless of the pension outcome. Many of the Libertarians were the ones doing the happy dance when Bevin lost.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The teachers and those that don't want state workers to go on a 401k to fund their retirement like everyone else has to do wouldn't have voted for Bevin regardless of the pension outcome. Many of the Libertarians were the ones doing the happy dance when Bevin lost.
View Quote

Well those teachers can sure kiss that retirement goodbye now. It ain't never gonna happen....
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

All I do see is more authoritarian government anytime someone of the left wins. I didn't see any libertarians celebrating.

Going to lose a lot of friends over this governor situation, but when the cards are down, I knew who I could rely on.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

All I do see is more authoritarian government anytime someone of the left wins. I didn't see any libertarians celebrating.

Going to lose a lot of friends over this governor situation, but when the cards are down, I knew who I could rely on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I wish that there was a viable third party candidate, there has not been one in my life time. The portion of the 28k people that voted against Bevin by voting for the third party candidate gave us Beshear. Will that get them their dream of lower taxes, dope and legalized gambling? Hmmm
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jaymack:

You act like we’re being watched by Andy bro. 
View Quote

@jaymack

Because we are.

https://www.richmondregister.com/news/kentucky-man-charged-in-social-media-threat-against-governor/article_c816975c-8f2a-11ea-bfa3-6f0d30580fcd.html
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#14]
They could have just paid him a visit and told him to shut it up, or he's going to step in it.... anyone think of that??

This is an example of why I say "the govt is evil".   Dude did nothing, but govt shows up and destroys his life.
They won't kill him, but we'll all pay for him and all this govt-sanctioned racketeering.. and... dude will never have any thing ever again in his life.
(welcome to the Nanny State, the Welfare State and the Police State!)

Once arrested as a 'gun' felon, your life is over.   Guilty until proven innocent?   Nope.   Just "guilty" and done.

THIS is "cruel and unusual punishment".

Beshear, and all the "cops" involved, are tyrannical pussies.

I actually liked the govt of my youth, it made some sense and it seemed to have some respect for its boundaries.
Ronald Reagan said, he didn't leave the democrat party, the democrat party left him.
I didn't leave the United States of America.   It left me.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joshiedoom:
Originally Posted By jaymack:

You act like we’re being watched by Andy bro. 

@jaymack

Because we are.

https://www.richmondregister.com/news/kentucky-man-charged-in-social-media-threat-against-governor/article_c816975c-8f2a-11ea-bfa3-6f0d30580fcd.html

Well how bout that...
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:20:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Executive orders during emergencies *have to* be directly related and materially involved with the problem which caused the emergency declaration.   We don't yet totally have a hand on the virus but it isn't exactly wiping us out either (well, it's hell on the older folks), so Beshear has a leg to stand on.   I clearly don't like how we've twisted our legal system into "the courts decide everything", but as long as Beshear has a halfway or better cause, I suspect the courts will try to defer to executive authority, which during emergencies, is pretty big.   Be aware he is getting a lot of pushback from his own AG and judges... and Senators... right?

It is true, the Bill of Rights puts power in the hands of the People, to give them real power, not so much to 'overthrow' the govt but to provide a counter-balance.   The 1st Amend. gives us speech/diplomacy and the 2nd Amend gives us true force (as do all the other Amendments).   But The Founders were hoping the People would be wise as to which hill to risk dying on.

Beshear's orders make more sense in the liberal shithole cities and much less sense in smaller, rural communities.  And I'd bet the 'authorities' in those smaller communities will try to turn a blind eye... if they can get away with it, without getting in trouble themselves.

Remember Beshear is surrounded by a bunch of pretty decent republicans.   He'll cause some damage for a few years, but it will be limited.   He BARELY won his election and he probably won't win re-election.    2019 was more about getting rid of Bevin than it was getting a wacky liberal who talks to us like 1st graders.

Let's limit our pushback to words and court motions.   All of this going to be over in a short while.

Roping off the Capital Building and surrounding the place with cops.... makes him look like the petty bitch that he is.   BUT "we" are blowing this up.   He knows we 'hate' him .... but dangit, THIS is NOT the hill to take, this is NOT a 'give me liberty or give me death' issue.   We are not 'there' yet.

I do wish he'd let up on the rural counties --- they don't need all this super-protective nanny-state stuff.

That's what I think, anyway.

ps ... for a whiney liberal, he's not doing too bad....he is at least (far as I know) following his own orders.   Look at that wacky bitch in Chicago or the total moonbat in Michigan...

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 2:19:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Prudence indeed.    Transient causes.    Long train of abuses.

So if you're gonna point your blaster at the govt, there needs to be a WHOLE BUNCH of you/us doing it, and, we better FULLY win... because that govt will have to be REPLACED.   Because... if the old govt survives.... there will be hell to pay.

King George came back to try again in 1812.   The Signers of the Declaration literally ran for their lives until they died, mostly poor, hungry, tired ... or captured and tortured to death.
My god do we owe those men so much.

--
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:21:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Don’t snipers usually have a rifle? For a thread about snipers on the roof  this has very little rifles on the roof. Sadly disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ps ... for a whiney liberal, he's not doing too bad....he is at least (far as I know) following his own orders.   Look at that wacky bitch in Chicago or the total moonbat in Michigan...

View Quote

You aren't paying attention if you think he is following his own rules.  Why doesn't have longer hair like everyone else?   Because he still has 11 staff working in his house.  Every single one of his is being taken care of by tax payer funded employee who has to serve him.  He is no different the celebrities hold up in their mansions with full staff telling people they understand how hard it is.  Sure some other Dems are even worse but Beshear is not doing well.  Not unless you count killing more people in Kentucky compared to TN because he didn't fund testing.  TN has conducted over 273,000 tests while KY has only done 86,000.  Of course KY's case numbers are low, that is what happens when the Governor doesn't push/fund testing.  TN has 51% more people than KY but KY has 24% more deaths at 311 vs 251.  Kentucky also leads the nation in unemployment claims rate, with over 33% of our work force filing for unemployment.  

More death and more unemployment by a Governor that intentionally violates peoples rights while having 11 staff at his beck and call for every little need.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't snipers usually have a rifle? For a thread about snipers on the roof  this has very little rifles on the roof. Sadly disappointed.
View Quote

So snipers don't exist unless they are actively pointing a gun at someone one?  I didn't see any rifles in Virginia on Jan 20th at the 2nd Amendment rally.  Does that mean they had no snipers there either?  I bet you agree with Beshear that it is the Russian bots posting all the negative social media comments about him.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So snipers don't exist unless they are actively pointing a gun at someone one?  I didn't see any rifles in Virginia on Jan 20th at the 2nd Amendment rally.  Does that mean they had no snipers there either?  I bet you agree with Beshear that it is the Russian bots posting all the negative social media comments about him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't snipers usually have a rifle? For a thread about snipers on the roof  this has very little rifles on the roof. Sadly disappointed.

Schroeder’s snipers.

If that’s your line of thinking why stop there.

Who says they didn’t have RPGs on the roof, or maybe a drone circling at 30K foot. Maybe they were in the trees? Bushes? Walking among you? Maybe they have snipers on every one all the time.  Hell there might be an over watch team on the building Nextdoor right now ranging my ass.

Or maybe people just want to imagine that they were there.

And no I’m guessing that the social media posts came from the same group of people who saw the snipers on the roof.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Schroeder’s snipers.

Who says they didn’t have RPGs on the roof, or maybe a drone circling at 30K foot. Maybe they were in the trees? Bushes? Walking among you? Maybe they have snipers on every one all the time.  Hell there might be an over watch team on the building Nextdoor right now ranging my ass.

And no I’m guessing that the social media posts came from the same group of people who saw the snipers on the roof.
View Quote

+1
lol
This issue may be a little over the top.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#24]
LOL at you two..."snipers are never put on the rooftops for protests".  The pic below is from today in Atlanta.  Why would law enforcement take to the roof tops for anything else but providing protection?  Maybe you both thing Andy Beshear is a great upstanding guy that would never think to deploy the state police for his own security...even though he uses the state police to block off all the roads and half the capitol grounds to keep citizens away  every single day.  

This is from the Frankfort capitol today.  The entire grounds are blocked off. Citizens are not allowed at the capitol.  

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

+1
lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Schroeder’s snipers.

+1
lol

I do love it when despite our differences we somehow occasionally find common ground.

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Why would police take to the roof tops other than to place snipers up there?

For a birds eye view of the situation and to provide direction to the guys in the crowd.

Nah. It’s definitely to snipe citizens.

You need to loosen your tinfoil.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe they wanted to act as laser designators for a cruise missile launch. Andy may want to call in a Tomahawk.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Maybe they wanted to act as laser designators for a cruise missile launch. Andy may want to call in a Tomahawk.
View Quote

Holy shit!!! I didn’t even think about that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:21:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

If he gets a tomahawk I want one!!!!
You know, for reasons...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top