Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/18/2021 9:05:56 PM EDT
Hey, maybe I'm all wet but, check out the website of John Lee for Governor of Nevada. The guy seems to be on the right side of most things............. votejohnlee.com
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]
He was a democrat for all of those years. That is still a problem. Only changes parties to run for governor? That seems very suspicious.

While he has a decent voting history, he still aligned himself with a party that directly contradicts aspects of his Mormon religion. You shouldn't be a member of an organization that goes against your morals. For him to stay with that party for this long just stinks. He could easily flop back to a Dem after being elected.  

He seemed to tow the line on the LV City parking commission. LV City parking enforcement relies upon citizen ignorance to obtain funds. It is truly amazing the citations they issue and how the cited violation is incorrect.

And, as another problem, he went to Rancho HS
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 1:19:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep. Sorry, can't support a guy that's very likely been voting for libs/ leftists his entire life.

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 1:28:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

While he has a decent voting history, he still aligned himself with a party that directly contradicts aspects of his Mormon religion. You shouldn't be a member of an organization that goes against your morals.
View Quote

Harry Reid did it.  I get your point and agree with you BUT the Church Of Jesus Christian of Latter-day Saints doesn't tell you what political party to belong to or how to vote.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Harry Reid did it.  I get your point and agree with you BUT the Church Of Jesus Christian of Latter-day Saints doesn't tell you what political party to belong to or how to vote.
View Quote

And look at what Harry Reid ended up being.... a Democratic barking boy used to promote their liberal agenda.

While the Church may not say which party to belong to, the moral guidance eliminates belonging to the Democratic party.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And look at what Harry Reid ended up being.... a Democratic barking boy used to promote their liberal agenda.

While the Church may not say which party to belong to, the moral guidance eliminates belonging to the Democratic party.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said. I never understood how Fellow LDS members could support Reid or how he could in good conscience maintain a temple recommend.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree. And it is very nice to see the Catholic church actually denying communion to some of these Democratic politicians because of what they support.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well said. I never understood how Fellow LDS members could support Reid or how he could in good conscience maintain a temple recommend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree whole heartedly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#9]
John Lee was a long time Democrat. He was always a supporter of the RTKBA.He switched to Republican Party because of people like Xiden and the squad etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#10]
  Any thoughts on Guy Nohra ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Heller's announcement appears to be pending... I think Heller is the obvious choice. Heller checks a lot of boxes. He's a fiscal conservative with pro-2A positions.

Some folks might not support him for "his" immigration views, but...

1) While I do not support amnesty for illegals, I personally have no problem with work visas and other forms of legal immigration as long as deportation is enforced when visas expire or residency requirements are violated.

2) If elected Governor, Heller wouldn't have much to do with immigration reform; so, for conservatives to refuse to back him over this perceived weakness seems foolish.

Another argument against Heller could be his 2018 Senate election loss, but I think in some ways he was bound to lose with the national sentiment and the "Harry Reid Machine" running smoothly at the time. Heller has won several statewide elections (SOS and Senate) and not just in low Democrat turnout years like 2014. Moreover, he would be the only Republican candidate (that I'm aware of) who has held a statewide office before.

Amodei would be a decent choice if he chose to run.

I think John Lee would have a hard time making himself known (in a positive light) to rural Nevada (to win in NV, Republicans have to win ENOUGH of Las Vegas and Reno without discouraging rural turnout). Joe Lombardo supports a 11+ round magazine ban and is questionably conservative. Lastly, everyone else has no name recognition.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like Dean Heller is going to run on the R side for governor. This should be interesting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#13]
NV would be a different place with a good R governor.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looks like Dean Heller is going to run on the R side for governor. This should be interesting.
View Quote

Name the last politician at that level or above that said they would ban abortion on day one of a campaign and won an election?  just one in the last 40 years will do.

He is not going to get more Republicans by saying that, however he will lose independents.  If the fucktards will stick to shitting on Dems about the shutdowns and job losses he'd have a chance.  Why the fuck do you bring abortion into the race when they handed you a job killing shutdowns on a silver platter to campaign on?  That's just so fucking stupid unless you're part of the swamp and putting on a show for the low information Republicans.  
Did they bring up abortion because it's in the news?  are Republican strategists in NV that ignorant or are they cut from the same cloth as Benedict Milley?

I can't believe people fall for this bullshit. Why bring up non issues related to the current crisis that will cost you votes?  Why?
We know why it's just for show.
Bread and Circus.

Rant off.1
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Name the last politician at that level or above that said they would ban abortion on day one of a campaign and won an election?  just one in the last 40 years will do.

He is not going to get more Republicans by saying that, however he will lose independents.  If the fucktards will stick to shitting on Dems about the shutdowns and job losses he'd have a chance.  Why the fuck do you bring abortion into the race when they handed you a job killing shutdowns on a silver platter to campaign on?  That's just so fucking stupid unless you're part of the swamp and putting on a show for the low information Republicans.  
Did they bring up abortion because it's in the news?  are Republican strategists in NV that ignorant or are they cut from the same cloth as Benedict Milley?

I can't believe people fall for this bullshit. Why bring up non issues related to the current crisis that will cost you votes?  Why?
Bread and Circus.

Rant off.1
View Quote

^ Nailed it.  And Repubs do it  over and over and over and over all across the country.  It's as if there's a plan.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Bread and Circus.

Rant off.1
View Quote

This,all he has to say is schools open with no restrictions.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

^ Nailed it.  And Repubs do it  over and over and over and over all across the country.  It's as if there's a plan.
View Quote

Well, I agree, I don't think they should be bringing up abortion either, but according to the oh so reliable and accurate polls 49% of Americans supposedly support illegalizing abortion (with 66% of those same people supporting Roe v. Wade ). I think these candidates are courting the all important endorsements and base to win their primary and are going to "move themselves center" in the general election.

I think the conservative pols are wasting a lot of free political capital from the national environment by focusing on these more fundamental issues. All they should have to do is say "look at inflation, or the border, or Afghanistan, or the $3.5T 'human infrastructure bill'" and they'll pick up seats right and left.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Anything is better than the fucking moron we are stuck with now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well, I agree, I don't think they should be bringing up abortion either, but according to the oh so reliable and accurate polls 49% of Americans supposedly support illegalizing abortion (with 66% of those same people supporting Roe v. Wade ). I think these candidates are courting the all important endorsements and base to win their primary and are going to "move themselves center" in the general election.

I think the conservative pols are wasting a lot of free political capital from the national environment by focusing on these more fundamental issues. All they should have to do is say "look at inflation, or the border, or Afghanistan, or the $3.5T 'human infrastructure bill'" and they'll pick up seats right and left.
View Quote

Yes, that means 51% don't support it.  Why on Earth would a candidate alienate over half the voter base on an issue as meaningless as this.  And I do mean meaningless.  Sure, there are hard core folks on both ends of the issue but the vast majority of voters are MUCH more concerned about the other things you mentioned such as inflation, the border, Afghanistan, etc.  If you want to win an election you need to stick to winning issues that people care about.  The concept seems pretty simple to me.  Wonder why Repubs have never seemed to pick up on it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anything is better than the fucking moron we are stuck with now.
View Quote

Don't fucking say that!! The DSA has taken over the dumbocrat party in NV, their next candidate will make AoC look smart and right leaning.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes, that means 51% don't support it.  Why on Earth would a candidate alienate over half the voter base on an issue as meaningless as this.  And I do mean meaningless.  Sure, there are hard core folks on both ends of the issue but the vast majority of voters are MUCH more concerned about the other things you mentioned such as inflation, the border, Afghanistan, etc.  If you want to win an election you need to stick to winning issues that people care about.  The concept seems pretty simple to me.  Wonder why Repubs have never seemed to pick up on it?
View Quote

Well, 49% don't support and it was Americans not registered or likely voters as I recall (2% of people don't have an opinion on anything it seems), but I digress; I concur overall with what you're saying.

In all probability no one will remember this after the primary unless our state GOP makes it main campaign issue (hopefully not). I think the GOP can be self defeating in the primary with how much they appeal to a small portion of the base.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Sheriff Joe is a feckless cuck
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Seriously. Just talk about Steve and his shutdowns and mandates. Also crime. It is not hard.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Most people dont give a fuck about abortion. They care about money in their pocket, cheap energy and food and not falling victim to crime
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Michelle Fiore has thrown her hat in the ring.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Michelle Fiore has thrown her hat in the ring.
View Quote

She's pretty hard core conservative. I think she'd do a good job but I also think she'd be a horrible candidate.  Straight to the point and doesn't pull punches.  We may love those qualities but snowflakes can't handle people like that. I fear she'd alienate too many fence sitters.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sheriff Joe is a feckless cuck
View Quote

I just saw a T.V. add for his campaign.  He's claiming to be a true conservative.  Lying piece of shit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Our candidate choices suck. My vote is for Fiore, but I'll vote Red across the board regardless.

Unfortunately, the Californication of NV was sped up last year thanks to the Wuhan Virus and these zombies vote blue regardless of the fact that Democrat policies eventually drove them from their home state

eta: local media channels already seem to have their anti-Fiore propaganda pieces running while hardly a word on the other candidates. Tells me all I need to know.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like Lombardo is setting fundraising records (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nevada-gop-governor-candidate-lombardo-fundraising-record)...

Lombardo has said that he supported "high capacity magazine" possession bans in the past and, presently, makes a point to say that "[he] would not sign any law restricting manufacturer limits on firearm magazines" and supports bump stock and other "modification" bans (https://www.joelombardofornv.com/issues). He very carefully made a point to address the manufacture of magazines by firearm manufacturers, but conveniently failed to discuss a ban on the possession of so-called "high capacity magazines," which I would think certainly leaves the possibility of an individual possession ban of so-called "high capacity magazines" on the table.

At this point, I think the primary race is between Heller and Lombardo and voting for any other candidate is siphoning votes from one or the other. And I have a feeling the RINO's are backing Lombardo...

I think Dean Heller is the only truly Pro-2A candidate that can win.

Polling wise, Heller and Lombardo poll one point different against Sisolak, so there's no argument that Sheriff Joe is more "electable" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Nevada_gubernatorial_election).

I personally think that anyone who dislikes Heller due to his "mixed" past with Trump either has to be uninformed or too idealistic. It's a governor race, so the supposed "immigration issue" is off the table. Plus, in our purplish state being somewhat distanced from Trump might even help in the general election (who knows?).

In terms of Fiore... I doubt that she can win the primary and even then I would imagine she wouldn't do great against Sisolak in the general election.

Just my 2 cents (wasn't worth much to begin with and with inflation not much worth much at all now).
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Polling wise, Heller and Lombardo poll one point different against Sisolak, so there's no argument that Sheriff Joe is more "electable"
View Quote

I'm not sure I understand this statement.  If there's only one point difference, how does that show Joe is more "electable"? (With one point being within the usual margin of error.)

P.S.  I wonder when they're going to rehash all the womanizing dirt on Heller?
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Anything and anyone is better than that filthy POS Sisolak
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm not sure I understand this statement.  If there's only one point difference, how does that show Joe is more "electable"? (With one point being within the usual margin of error.)

View Quote

It doesn't, that's the point. The establishment talking heads are claiming rino Joe is "much more electable" than heller. But when you look at them individually polling against governor shitstain, they both draw nearly identical numbers. Thus, Heller is just as electable as the false flagger (unless all the establishment guys work against Heller after the primaries, which they may).
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It doesn't, that's the point. The establishment talking heads are claiming rino Joe is "much more electable" than heller. But when you look at them individually polling against governor shitstain, they both draw nearly identical numbers. Thus, Heller is just as electable as the false flagger (unless all the establishment guys work against Heller after the primaries, which they may).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, now I gotcha.  

The way Heller was destroyed when he ran for reelection, I can't imagine he'll get any better treatment this time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yep. Sorry, can't support a guy that's very likely been voting for libs/ leftists his entire life.

View Quote

This is the answer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#35]
you know what's sad? i would settle for anyone who did two measly things: removed (made illegal?) all covid restrictions, and removed gun control laws.

shit, i would take either one of those as a win these days.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#36]
From what I know right now and I’m not that well informed its either going to be Fiore or that guy that homeschools his kids don’t remember his name.  I WILL VOTE IN THE PRIMARYS FOR EITHER OF THESE 2.  And I will stay home if NVGOP nominates any RINOS and I have sent an email to the NVGOP informing them of this.  I suggest you all do the same.

Career politicians and Rhinos and hit the road I’m done with them
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
From what I know right now and I’m not that well informed its either going to be Fiore or that guy that homeschools his kids don’t remember his name.  I WILL VOTE IN THE PRIMARYS FOR EITHER OF THESE 2.  And I will stay home if NVGOP nominates any RINOS and I have sent an email to the NVGOP informing them of this.  I suggest you all do the same.

View Quote

Stay home? Get your head out of your ass and join us on earth.Your right about one thing though,you are not informed.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

You must love the mask/vaccine mandates. I get that whoever comes out of the primary may not be your first choice but Sisocrap is definitely worse than anyone else. Vote the bum out even if the candidate you select isn’t your top choice.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

What good does sending an email to the NVGOP do? You understand that Republican voters pick the Republican candidates that advance to the General Election, right? What do you expect the state party leadership to do?

Even if we end up with Joe Lombardo, I'd rather have a governor who's wishy-washy on 11+ round magazines than one that has vowed to ban 11+ round magazines, ban all threaded barrels and silencers, ban most semi-automatic rifles ("assault rifles"), and enact a slew of additional restrictions on gun-ownership. Why potentially help the latter win?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:51:03 AM EDT
[#40]
I know you guys are right i just get so pissed off with the repubes having no balls and not willing to fight.  I want a loudmouth no apologies zero fucks given Trump type in there
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I know you guys are right i just get so pissed off with the repubes having no balls and not willing to fight.  I want a loudmouth no apologies zero fucks given Trump type in there
View Quote

I'll still be voting for Fiore at least in the primary.  We'll see how she does.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'll still be voting for Fiore at least in the primary.  We'll see how she does.
View Quote

The sad part is that despite how batshit crazy she comes off in her commercials, she's the most conservative Repub on the ticket.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve met Fiorre in person and she’s super nice. She does get painted as bat shit crazy but IRL she seems perfectly nice.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I’ve met Fiorre in person and she’s super nice. She does get painted as bat shit crazy but IRL she seems perfectly nice.
View Quote

I don't know... she is also a little blunt and I think we need a more moderated tone.

Also, I question her campaign strategy because of the following: 1) she robo-called us on Thanksgiving around dinner time (I assumed it was a relative and didn't check caller ID) and on a weeknight at 11:00 PM or 11:30 PM waking the entire house (once again I assumed it was a relative and was worried that someone was in the hospital or had passed away) to tell me that she was my next governor and all that; and 2) her campaign has chosen to run TV ads in Florida instead of Nevada in the hope that Trump would see it and endorse her (I would be shocked if Trump doesn't have a DVR). Seems a little unorthodox to me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Trump was a little blunt too.  I didn't think he was electable either. Didn't think Obama had a chance in hell of being elected not once but twice.

Guess I should just give up on following politics.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Yeah, but Trump was blunt in a shocking, but refreshing and almost charismatic way in 2016. He really could tap into America's frustration with the establishment wings of both parties. I also like to think that since 2016 we've all forgotten just how unpopular and unelectable a candidate the Democrats found in Hillary.

Fiore doesn't seem to have that same effect. At least not with me that is. Plus, while Trump narrowly lost Nevada, he did lose Nevada twice and as I recall (though I could be misremembering) we've lost both chambers of the legislature and every major statewide office except for Secretary of the State since 2016. Sandoval didn't seem so blunt and he (and a lot of Republicans down ballot) seemed to do well here.

Just my 2 cents-- wasn't worth much before probably worthless with inflation.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:51:03 AM EDT
[#47]
I dont have a land line to wake up the whole house and i haven't in years.  Cant believe people still have phones & check books for that matter.  My phone is set to only ring between the hours of 9am to 8pm i cant be bothered by somebody else's problems outside of those hours.

Im voting for Fiore in the primary plain and simple.  Im done with the week kneed re pubes
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#48]
I have met and talked with Fred Simon.

He is getting my vote in the primary...
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Not sure I'm too keen on his #8 bullet point of opening yucca mt.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not sure I'm too keen on his #8 bullet point of opening yucca mt.
View Quote

And thats why you voted for FJB
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top