[#1]
x2
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Can’t wait to vote her out of office.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
No one seems to give a shit.

Went to the Madison Outback last night.  No "Masks Required" sign outside.  No one said a word when I went in without one.  Last time I was there several months ago, they wouldn't let me in the door.  Same every where else I've been in North AL, no one says a word.

Fuck that bitch, I hope you guys get rid of her next time around; just like our turncoat governor.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
She showed herself to be a true RINO.  I don't care about her mask mandates.  I don't wear them.  The people I surround myself with don't wear them either.  Trying to keep our little bit of normalcy here, and masks ain't it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can’t wait to vote her out of office.
View Quote

There's a good chance that you won't get the chance to vote her out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She showed herself to be a true RINO.  I don't care about her mask mandates.
View Quote

She has truly been a god awful disappointment as a governor.  And that is the nicest thing I can say.

I truly look forward to a day when we’re not lorded over by a bunch of damned geriatrics with no common sense who should be arguing over the HOA budget in Boca instead of controlling the damn state/country.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Most everyone has been ignoring her orders anyway, what's ignoring them for a a few more months.

It's stupid and doesn't help, but I guess it makes the senile old bat happy. We all knew she couldn't help herself.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can't wait to vote her out of office.
View Quote

Someone decent better step up or the democrats will take it.  Won't vote for her.  We need fighters not nannys.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Someone decent better step up or the democrats will take it.  Won't vote for her.  We need fighters not nannys.
View Quote

Think we could bribe Kristi Noem or Ron Desantis to move to Alabama?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, well end up with Walt Maddox or Randall Woodfin if we’re not lucky.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:33:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Got a feeling Martha Roby will be running.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:40:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

She has truly been a god awful disappointment as a governor.  And that is the nicest thing I can say.

I truly look forward to a day when we’re not lorded over by a bunch of damned geriatrics with no common sense who should be arguing over the HOA budget in Boca instead of controlling the damn state/country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the sound of Governor Mo Brooks.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He could probably walk into the Capitol and the people would hand him the job right now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I think Mo Brooks will be eyeing Shelby's Senate seat.

The current Lt Gov Will Ainsworth might be a candidate, if he can keep Twinkle Cavanaugh out of it.

JMHO.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm willing to be that Stevie Reed will run for Governor, but probably not until 2026.  Comarde Maddox will probably run next year.  His authoritarian response to Covid will hurt him.

I don't see Roby running for anything, and I suspect that Mo is going to try for Shelby's seat in the Senate.

I don't think Twinkle would get past the primary.

Ainsworth or Marshall may run for Governor.  Jim Ziegler may also run.  He's term limited as auditor, and has a good following.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The current Lt Gov Will Ainsworth might be a candidate, if he can keep Twinkle Cavanaugh out of it.

JMHO.
View Quote

I don’t know much about Ainsworth, I remember stories about him being opposed to the mask mandates even after testing positive for the CCP Flu.  It’s a step in the right direction at lest.

I still keep hearing people that think Tommy Battle is going to run for Governor. Not sure he strikes me as much more than a younger version of Ivey.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:33:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:01:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Wonder what Gary Palmer is going to do? Take the senate seat or just stay put? Don’t see him pursuing governor.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
She's going to keep doing it till the feds say WuFlu is over.
View Quote

I don’t doubt this at all. She has lapped up Fauci And Birx’s bullshit with great vigor this entire time.

I certainly have no faith in her to objectively analyze anything.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm willing to be that Stevie Reed will run for Governor, but probably not until 2026.  Comarde Maddox will probably run next year.  His authoritarian response to Covid will hurt him.

I don't see Roby running for anything, and I suspect that Mo is going to try for Shelby's seat in the Senate.

Ainsworth or Marshall may run for Governor.  Jim Ziegler may also run.  He's term limited as auditor, and has a good following.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maddox is a Strong Anti-Gunner. I really would like to see him try and take guns from the Black People. He would be run out of the State.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
She's going to keep doing it till the feds say WuFlu is over.
View Quote

EXACTLY!

She's not doing any thinking for herself or listening to anyone but the feds. She won't take a stand against them. And I don't know why.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

JMHO.
View Quote

If he ran for it I think he'd get it.  I won't vote for Shelby again and my wife feels the same. We need representatives in Government who see the fight for what it is and are down for a blood letting.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:42:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Like others have said....very few give a shit.

Only place where they do is at my University and Walmart when you walk in.

With that being said....I will wear one if they have a sign. I respect private property ownership and will abide with any wishes they may have of me while I’m on their premises.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Like others have said....very few give a shit.

Only place where they do is at my University and Walmart when you walk in.

With that being said....I will wear one if they have a sign. I respect private property ownership and will abide with any wishes they may have of me while I’m on their premises.
View Quote

CVS will say something, too. At least the one by me, will. I went in there the other day and the girl at the checkout, who was already with a customer, immediately asked, "Do you have a mask?" I mean I barely had both feet in the door when she said it. Kind of caught me off guard, a little.

I'm just tired of this bullshit to be over. Masks don't work. If they did, then anyone who wears a mask wouldn't get the WuFlu. And I know of several people who wear them all the time yet have gotten the virus. Nobody gave a shit when the flu was bad some years. It kills way more people, yet nobody ever said a word (except maybe when someone went to work knowing they had the flu or let their kid go to daycare/school when they had it).

They just need to tell people "Wear a mask, don't wear a mask. It's up to you."
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm just tired of this bullshit to be over. Masks don't work. If they did, then anyone who wears a mask wouldn't get the WuFlu. And I know of several people who wear them all the time yet have gotten the virus. Nobody gave a shit when the flu was bad some years. It kills way more people, yet nobody ever said a word (except maybe when someone went to work knowing they had the flu or let their kid go to daycare/school when they had it).
View Quote

I've known several hard core maskers that have come down with the 'Rona.  I have an Uncle that never left the house without a mask and gloves, and being retired from the medical field, he knows how to don and doff PPE.  Yep, he came down with it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:02:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Mississippi ending COVID mask mandate, restaurant seating limits

Texas lifts COVID mask mandate, businesses can completely reopen

Yet, in the great state of Alabama.....

Alabama hospitals want state COVID mask order extended

And guess what, I bet you anything she extends it.....once again.

She just can't seem to go against anybody in the federal government says.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
She has gone from one of the most popular .govs to the bottom.
View Quote
agreed!
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#29]
All the "former democrats" turned republicans in our state did so because they understand it is required now to be a statewide office holder.  But at some point I expect them all to turn back to their root instincts.   Examples abound.

Richard Shelby changed parties to be able to get re-elected and did so at the last possible minute on the political time scale.

Bob Riley only took a few months in office to show his colors with his massive tax increase which failed, thank goodness.

Gov. Meemah got safely past her election and then immediately pushed her big tax increase through.

I have never understood why people would expect any former democrat, career politician, would ever truly and completely abandon their "government and governing is the answer", statist core beliefs.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
All the "former democrats" turned republicans in our state did so because they understand it is required now to be a statewide office holder.  But at some point I expect them all to turn back to their root instincts.   Examples abound.

Richard Shelby changed parties to be able to get re-elected and did so at the last possible minute on the political time scale.

Bob Riley only took a few months in office to show his colors with his massive tax increase which failed, thank goodness.

Gov. Meemah got safely past her election and then immediately pushed her big tax increase through.

I have never understood why people would expect any former democrat, career politician, would ever truly and completely abandon their "government and governing is the answer", statist core beliefs.
View Quote

Well, to be fair and honest. Republicans are for the most part just as much statist as democrats are. Really the only difference is the item or action that they want to control.

A common crack whore is more honorable than politicians or bureaucrats regardless of political party.

At least that's how I see it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Kay Ivey talking now. She's wearing a mask but her security detail isn't. She's talking about how the numbers have dropped. She said that we are moving in the Right Direction. She wants us to get past Easter to remove our masks. 5 more weeks until April 9. Then no more renewal. After that individuals and businesses can make their own decisions.

Dr Harris about to speak. New orders. Senior Citizens can go out and exercise. Not enough vaccine. Remember the Golden Rule: He who has the Gold Makes the Rules. We are finally rounding the corner.

Dr. Harris has reason for optimism. We rounded the 10,000 death mark. Average deaths are 52k and we had 64k last year. Hospitalization numbers look good. Number of new infections going down. Over 1,000,000 vaccinations given. 1200 providers but not enough vaccine. J&J vaccine shipping next week. One time shipment. Some sites giving second doses. African-Americans are at most risk. Working hard to make sure that they get the shots. 123 Walmarts are giving out vaccine with only 20 not giving out. CVS and Walgreens giving out shots. Dr. Harris's army is stronger than Biden's army(My comment).

Kay Ivey will continue to wear mask.

Harris: Seeing decreasing numbers country. 500,000 Alabamians have already been infected.

Governor Ivey extends mask order, says April 9 is final deadline
View Quote

https://www.wbrc.com/2021/03/03/governor-ivey-hold-news-conference-update-covid-response/
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Geez. Please tell me she is not running in the next election.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Geez. Please tell me she is not running in the next election.
View Quote

I don't think she will, even though I believe that she is eligible to do so.  There should be a good slate of folks looking for the job in 2022.  I doubt she would win re-election even if she did run, but maybe thats just the optimist in me.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#35]
At least she isn't like Michigan's governor.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just can't shed that democrat in her.
View Quote

Think I made a similar comment back in July last year when I said her roots were showing. And I didn’t mean she needed to go get her hair done.

That I left a Governor like Desantis to come back to a Governor who should be down in The Villages racing Slow Joe to get the prime seats at bingo burns my ass a bit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#38]
"CVS and Walgreens giving out shots."

Not completely true. A lot of CVS pharmacies in my AO ARE NOT giving vaccines.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"CVS and Walgreens giving out shots."

Not completely true. A lot of CVS pharmacies in my AO ARE NOT giving vaccines.

View Quote

He said that 123 Walmarts were giving out shots but he said that not all Walmarts were giving out shots. I assume that it's because of the lack of vaccine that they are selecting only one store in certain areas. I'm gonna blame Biden.

Vaccine Doses Administered

COVID 19 Vaccination Eligibility Check and Scheduling Portal

Alabama Public Health

Alabama COVID-19 Vaccination Allocation Plan

Who's giving the Shot?

now available at CVS Pharmacy®, by appointment only.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Liberals are Paranoid.

Birmingham mask mandate extended until May 24

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - While the state may be moving on from a mask mandate, the city of Birmingham voted to do the opposite.
View Quote

https://www.wbrc.com/2021/03/16/birmingham-mask-mandate-vote-take-place-april/
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Liberals are Paranoid.

Birmingham mask mandate extended until May 24

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - While the state may be moving on from a mask mandate, the city of Birmingham voted to do the opposite.

https://www.wbrc.com/2021/03/16/birmingham-mask-mandate-vote-take-place-april/

The same thing happened in Montthuggery.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#42]
What gets me is the whole "30 day extension" bit they're spewing. You know damn well they're not reviewing anything during those 30 days. They're just saying that to appease the idiots and their hopes that it will end, one day. But they have NO intention of it ever ending. Because if it ends, then they lose their control over the sheeple. So they just keep pushing that 30 day bullshit to give people hope that it will end at some point. It's all for show.

But if there were ever 2 cities in this state to never go to.....Birmingham and Montgomery are those 2 cities. Nothing but 2 shit-hole cities run by inept mayors and city councils.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I came to ask about her and found this sticky pile o' poop of a thread.

Question answered.

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#45]
This BS is for sure ending tomorrow?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Sure do hope so, though I never wear a mask anyways...
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sure do hope so, though I never wear a mask anyways...
View Quote

I have to at work for the rest of the school year at least.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Work said we are going to still mask up, even though most of those on site quit caring about masks months ago and wear them around their chins.

interested to see how the Madison county businesses react and what their "policies" will be.  My thoughts are the big box stores will require masks and the local employees won't give a shit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This BS is for sure ending tomorrow?
View Quote

As far as a state mandate.....yes. But counties/cities can still make their own rules.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

What system? I pulled our signs down yesterday
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top