Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2020 5:13:47 PM EDT
She decides that schools won’t be cancelled unless more cases pop up. So basically to prevent the spread of the virus she is going to put everyone at risk to see if more cases happen, which we pretty much know we will.  Idk, seems like a pretty stupid move to me Reynolds...
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I've heard enough bitching about schools being closed already, and the thought that they shouldn't be shut at all, so no matter what, no one is going to be happy.

This whole coronavirus shit is getting real old real quick.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I've heard enough bitching about schools being closed already, and the thought that they shouldn't be shut at all, so no matter what, no one is going to be happy.

This whole coronavirus shit is getting real old real quick.
View Quote
I agree. Most of these kids that won't be in school will go to day care which isn't much different.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Cease all economic and social activity.  Anyone found outside their mom’s basement will be shot on sight.  And their TP will be confiscated.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
This crap has gone too far. Go on with your lives. You will either live or you will die. The odds are in your favor by quite a stretch. Amd quit buying hundreds of rolls fo TP.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Our school district just announced 10 day shut down starting Tuesday.  Kids go tomorrow to retrieve necessary items, computers, whatever.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Getting conflicting reports now on the state of schools. Some news sources are saying the Gov is requiring schools to close for four months and some are saying she is suggesting they close.

Still think it's a bad idea. If the schools close the daycares should close also and that leaves two options for young children, go stay with the grandparents (who are the highest risk group) or one of the parents have to stay gone from work. Then you have the older kids that can be left home alone that will not stay home and will be hanging out with friends or running around town.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Getting conflicting reports now on the state of schools. Some news sources are saying the Gov is requiring schools to close for four months and some are saying she is suggesting they close.

Still think it's a bad idea. If the schools close the daycares should close also and that leaves two options for young children, go stay with the grandparents (who are the highest risk group) or one of the parents have to stay gone from work. Then you have the older kids that can be left home alone that will not stay home and will be hanging out with friends or running around town.
View Quote
Four months or four weeks?

@shack357 just texted me his kids school is closed for 4 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]
New Hampton just announced a 4 week closure..half an hour after they said tomorrow was a 2 hour delay.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Mount Pleasant and Highland schools in SE part of the state are closed until further notice. We have a teenage daughter that can watch our 6 y/o not sure what the hell other parents will do.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:09:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like she is going to recommend 4 weeks.  I doubt we will be going back at all.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Four months or four weeks?

@shack357 just texted me his kids school is closed for 4 weeks.
View Quote
Four weeks, don't know how I ended up with months.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Iowa Gov video release from yesterday.

She recommends public schools close for 4 weeks.

https://youtu.be/5pIo2Veg06E
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top