Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2020 6:40:25 PM EDT
For $541 and change.  WTF?  This seems even higher than last year when we BOUGHT the fucking thing!

I get screwed by being just BARELY inside Pierce County, so $373 is RTA tax.

$75 special fee for a Hybrid vehicle.  "People who want to use less gas get fucked with this tax" Tax

$30 License fee

$25 weight fee

$33 is other fees

This State is just out of its ever TAX LOVING FUCKING MIND.

Rob
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I paid $110 for a 16 yr old motorcycle. I also paid a weight fee. They should pay me money when i ride it, as it creates less wear and tear than my car.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:26:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Register it in Vermont, problem solved.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 3:21:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Got DV plates for truck it was pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll pay your 75 hybrid fee if you wanna cover my 49.4c/gallon taxes
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I doubt very much that I save (or in government speak, fail to pay my fair share of) $75 in gas tax annually by driving the Hybrid RAV4.  Yeah, we average about 37 MPG vs the 31 we would have with the car we would have purchased.  It is a HYBRID, so we still buy gas.  I can see collecting a fixed fee from plug in electric cars to help cover road maintenance, but I think the State charges them LESS for some stupid reason.

Rob
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]
How else do you expect them to pay to rebuild the west Seattle bridge that started collapsing?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Got one of my renewal notices as well. $88. So glad I don’t live in the RTA district.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Boomer:
Got one of my renewal notices as well. $88. So glad I don’t live in the RTA district.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I live 1/2 mile outside of special taxing district.  recently renewed tabs - $68 for my sons car,  70 something for mine.  still not $30, but far better than many of you are dealing with!
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Paid $196 for two vehicles this week.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Jeeps tags are coming due I see that PH are now free for one vehicle, probably do that this time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 1:36:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 161Infantry:
Jeeps tags are coming due I see that PH are now free for one vehicle, probably do that this time.
View Quote

I have DV plate on my truck plus collectors plates on my 67 beetle and my 47 Willys.... which is nothing but a collection of parts. fuck, I hope I can find the plate when I finish that project in a decade.

it costs more to register my damned motorcycle than my 8000lb diesel truck before the DV plate.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For $541 and change.  WTF?  This seems even higher than last year when we BOUGHT the fucking thing!

I get screwed by being just BARELY inside Pierce County, so $373 is RTA tax.

$75 special fee for a Hybrid vehicle.  "People who want to use less gas get fucked with this tax" Tax

$30 License fee

$25 weight fee

$33 is other fees

This State is just out of its ever TAX LOVING FUCKING MIND.

Rob
View Quote

Find a friend who lives outside the RTA who will let you "Borrow" his address.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#14]
One of my cars is registered at my Mom's house is Lacey, but this was bought new last year with financing. so couldn't really do that.

Rob
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#15]
$85 in Tri Cities.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I moved back in September due to a divorce, and changed my address at that time.  My parents live outside the RTA zone, and that's the address I changed it to.  The Drivers Licensing Dept changed it no problem, but Vehicle Licensing won't recognize the address change.  I've gone back and forth twice, and they still won't fix it.  Vehicle licensing says Drivers Licensing needs to change it, Drivers Licensing prints out my profile and says "You changed it 9 months ago," show that to vehicle licensing and they say "It's not updated in our system, you need to sort it out with them."  

So my renewal is almost $600 between RTA tax and hybrid penalty (BTW Fuck Inslee.  Little bitch likes to go on and on about climate change then directs the state to penalize those of us that choose to drive a hybrid/electric with an extra tax, on top of the extortion that Sound Transit pulls?).  Besides, my hybrid Lexus only gets 34mpg, and my girlfriends Accord gets more than that, so it's not simply about replacing gas tax revenue.  My Dieselgate Jetta got even more, and that car was under $100 a year total, licensed in Bellevue.

My car has tabs that expired in 11-2019 on it.  I'd renew them if DOL would let me.  I figure if I get pulled over, I'll just explain it and see what happens, if they want to write me for it that's fine, I'd end up contesting it anyway.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:19:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I mailer mine in, they forwarded it to a contract agency because the county fucks are on paid furlow !
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 1:36:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Can't we just start saying no. This place...
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Register it outside the RTA zone, it's ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 2:11:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My car has tabs that expired in 11-2019 on it.  I'd renew them if DOL would let me.  I figure if I get pulled over, I'll just explain it and see what happens, if they want to write me for it that's fine, I'd end up contesting it anyway.
View Quote
My court date is in September. Tabs expired in December. Finally got ticketed last month, Tacoma PD has plate readers and decided it would be smart to post up on a major thoroughfare right in the middle of an epidemic. With all the people out of work it was a great time to kick people in the nuts

I guess we'll see how it goes. I still haven't paid for tabs on the truck I was driving because I refuse to pay the RTA tax as well as the Tacoma Benefit District fee
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 2:41:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Can't you just change the address yourself on the license express dol site?
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:38:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Just paid $194 for a car worth under $1k.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Registered my 16" trailer in my new county in Idaho.

$37.50 for 10 years.
View Quote

Clown world
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top