Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2018 2:11:29 PM EDT
So there is a good chance I am going to take this job and I was wondering if yall could tell me the good, bad and ugly of this area as well as what area to rent a house in before we buy ( looking out east in the mountains) and such?

Thanks Guys.

BTW Its just myself, my wife our GSD, Catahoula, cat and 4 ferrets and and ass ton of guns and ammo
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I live east of the mountains. I would recommend living in Tijeras or Edgewood before living IN Albuquerque, but that's me. I like being rural.

If I ever get a job at Sandia Labs, I'll probably move to Tijeras or Edgewood just to make the drive a little shorter.

@NoMoAMMO
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there any chance you can hold out till our Gubernatorial election is over?

Only asking because the bitch that's probably going to win is going to try and turn this state into California.

If you wanna fight the good fight, then it's no big deal. But this state is bluer than the sky.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are working at KAFB, then the east mountains is your best bet.  There is still crime there.  But, your drive is much shorter than if you lived in north Rio Rancho like I do.

I was just at the base today looking a building.  They want to remodel it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live east of the mountains. I would recommend living in Tijeras or Edgewood before living IN Albuquerque, but that's me. I like being rural.

If I ever get a job at Sandia Labs, I'll probably move to Tijeras or Edgewood just to make the drive a little shorter.

@NoMoAMMO
View Quote
The blue area is where we are looking to buy and the red area is where I found some rentals. Are those rental areas fairly decent?
@fmj_shooter

My start date wont be till the end of Nov so there is time to see how the election goes!! I have a couple of other offers here in TX and in huntsville AL I am looking at as well but the one in NM is pretty good.
@benw8887

When say crime in the east mountains is it mainly petty shit like vehicle vandalism or home break ins and attacks?
@hp6

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Home break-ins

Other things to consider;

Schools are not good.  Healthcare is so so.  NM is always at the bottom for both.  Violent crime is #3 in the nation.

On the other side, the climate is nice, low population, lots of public land, the mountains are beautiful.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Home break-ins

Other things to consider;

Schools are not good.  Healthcare is so so.  NM is always at the bottom for both.  Violent crime is #3 in the nation.

On the other side, the climate is nice, low population, lots of public land, the mountains are beautiful.
View Quote
The public schools are not good. There are many good private and charter schools. Even east of the mountains, there is the Estancia Valley Classical Academy (k-12) VERY good school.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The blue area is where we are looking to buy and the red area is where I found some rentals. Are those rental areas fairly decent?
@fmj_shooter

My start date wont be till the end of Nov so there is time to see how the election goes!! I have a couple of other offers here in TX and in huntsville AL I am looking at as well but the one in NM is pretty good.
@benw8887

When say crime in the east mountains is it mainly petty shit like vehicle vandalism or home break ins and attacks?
@hp6

Thanks guys!
View Quote
Blue area/red area? You lost me
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry it doesnt look like the picture loaded. thanks for the help buit it looks like i'm goiung to wind up staying here in Texas now though. Good luck with November guys and if it gets bad you're always welcome over here!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top