Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2021 12:53:16 PM EDT
Like Iraq_Vet_SSG said, I don't post much but check in most days and have enjoyed the ride since Jan 13(yes a 13'er) as I finally joined Team to support the forum post Sandy Hook.  Moving tomorrow to Johns Island SC, wife retired this past summer,(yeah I'm a boomer) no grandkids here, both sons live out of state so nothing really keeping us any longer.  Looking forward to enjoying good weather most of the year for sports car, golf, beach, camping, shooting, wife's gardening etc. all done better over 45%.  When I saw Zerg's hammock with snow on the ground, good for him but no thanks!

I attended 2 rally's at the Capitol but didn't know any of you yet.  Joined CCDL and also went to an early meet up in WH and met some of you, no DCJ that time.  Been entertaining to say the least, everything from Italian villas to GSD's and babies, fresh kills and catches to home improvements and tractors.  Not to mention culinary delights, mag taxes, lot's of nice hardware pics, dancing bananas and of course, the dreaded road salt.  

I truly wish you all good health, success in your endeavors, and the absolute best for you and your families.  

Take care,

Cam52
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Adopt me and take me with you.  I promise I'll be good.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for you.
Enjoy the golden years, Boomer
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Lucky...Congrats please post pics of 30 rnd mags
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck and wish you well!
For you brother
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks bro's, expected nothing less from Nutter  Have to admit at times shared some of 8's crustiness, but no, you can't come.  Actually saw a tub of P Mags at a recent visit at PSA in Charleston.  Wife thought it hilarious when some guy went up to the counter and said" I'd like to buy an AR-15"  Different world, at least for now.  Hang in there, looks like 21 will be challenging for all of us.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats all around and I wish you the best of luck!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks bro's, expected nothing less from Nutter  Have to admit at times shared some of 8's crustiness, but no, you can't come.  Actually saw a tub of P Mags at a recent visit at PSA in Charleston.  Wife thought it hilarious when some guy went up to the counter and said" I'd like to buy an AR-15"  Different world, at least for now.  Hang in there, looks like 21 will be challenging for all of us.
View Quote

No homo- and all the best!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Good luck
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats and good luck to you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations and best of luck!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Beautiful place you picked.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#14]
best of luck
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Enjoy your new adventure.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Good deal and not far behind you.

If it’s gonna get shitty I’m doing it with a sunburn and a beach chair.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Good luck, were all counting on you.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Congrats - great location!  My close friend left CT a few years ago to relocate to John's Island SC.  Real freedom there (for now)  He shoots more the we ever did when he lived in CT.  A couple USPSA & IDPA matches a week...  Lot's of great restaurants nearby as well...  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Internet installed today so finally get to use something bigger than my phone.  Just wanted to say thanks very much to all of you for the well wishes, CT born and raised so this is a pretty big deal.  Actually hit a brief whiteout in the Blue Ridge mountains in VA on the way down, snow just had to get one last lick in.  

Best regards to all, will be following CTHTF from a slightly warmer place
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Good luck to you!  I, too, escaped but North, not South, and never have regretted it for one solid second.  Just bought four 20 round mag-pull mags and another revolver with just my license, no permits required here in Maine and shooting in my backyard is expected!

I got me beat on using your beach chair, however!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Congrats and best of luck.  I relocated to a free state recently myself.  Bring lots of money because the first time you walk into a free state gun shop you will feel like a kid in a candy store .
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Congrats!

I'm working on escaping as well. Just bought a house with some land. Working on selling the CT house in a few months.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks again all.  Just signed up for ANOTHER carry permit class as it's required to obtain a SC carry permit.  It should take about a month hopefully if the permit application is done online, we'll see.  It feels really strange and quite frankly uncomfortable to not be able to carry.  You can however keep a pistol in a glovebox or console unlocked without a permit, just can't walk around with it.  Looking for ranges, seems like a good private opportunity not far and a couple public indoor/outdoor options in the meantime.  Ammo crazy here too, asked at an indoor range how much for 9mm ball....$1/round plus tax.  Fortunately brought the fort down so good for a few years.

Anyway, stay warm and safe up there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Welcome to john's Island!  We escaped 5 years ago!  Love it down here.  I'm a member at Palmetto Gun club.  We are having a Steel Challenge match tomorrow.  If you see this tonight come on by and check it out!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top