Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 2/8/2021 11:45:17 PM EDT
I'm guessing Norman Nash is from the same Nash family that's been around Gwinnett forever. Probably get no jail time like Kevin Kenerly.

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-news/2-lilburn-officials-indicted-on-bribery-charges-accused-of-illegally-taking-more-than-200k/UTEVQ6EYSZA4VFXO3USHRRMNMM/
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:35:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:30:53 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_J:
Good old Lilburn.  My grandparent had house just up the hill from the tracks from the 30s or 40s until the 60s when they moved over to Beaver Ruin Rd.  We used to go to the fair when I was a kid.
View Quote

You remember the RR tracks formed a jump of sorts on main street? Had to be careful because the police station was within sight of them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:07:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By birdbarian:

You remember the RR tracks formed a jump of sorts on main street? Had to be careful because the police station was within sight of them.
View Quote

Follow those same tracks toward Lawrenceville where they cross Patterson Rd. In high school, we may or may not have been able to get an early '90s Pontiac Grand Prix airborne a few times.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:56:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:54:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Luny421:

Follow those same tracks toward Lawrenceville where they cross Patterson Rd. In high school, we may or may not have been able to get an early '90s Pontiac Grand Prix airborne a few times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hitting those tracks at anything over 60 mph produced splendid air time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:11:56 PM EDT

Yep, and I jumped them many times.

If you cross 29 on Pleasant Hill it becomes Lester road, which also has a train track “jump”. I was not nice to my suspension there either.
View All Quotes
Good old Lilburn.  My grandparent had house just up the hill from the tracks from the 30s or 40s until the 60s when they moved over to Beaver Ruin Rd.  We used to go to the fair when I was a kid.

If you cross 29 on Pleasant Hill it becomes Lester road, which also has a train track “jump”. I was not nice to my suspension there either.

I grew up off of River Drive at the end of Lester. Jumped those MANY times. Also Oak Road crossing Five Forks Trickum. Was always running late trying to get to Brookwood HS. I could usually get air in my '78 Cordoba
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:18:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:40:07 PM EDT

Me too.  We built a house in Hanarry Estates in '72 (technically, off Louis Rd) and then moved to the subdivision right next to Five Forks Middle (I can't recall the name) in '85.

I'm also a Brookwood grad (class of '88).
View All Quotes

I grew up off of River Drive at the end of Lester. Jumped those MANY times. Also Oak Road crossing Five Forks Trickum. Was always running late trying to get to Brookwood HS. I could usually get air in my '78 Cordoba

Me too.  We built a house in Hanarry Estates in '72 (technically, off Louis Rd) and then moved to the subdivision right next to Five Forks Middle (I can't recall the name) in '85.

I think Phil Niekro lived in that subdivision next to FFMS, and Dale Murphy lived in one across River Drive, but that was late 70s.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:34:35 PM EDT

View Quote

Facing the middle school to the right was Riverwoods Subdivision.

Home of all 57 of the Gambini kids.

Between myself, my sisters and brothers there was one of us at Brookwood continuously from 1987-2000.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:35:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MedicOC:

Between myself, my sisters and brothers there was one of us at Brookwood continuously from 1987-2000.
View All Quotes

Y'all should have a designated parking spot at BHS with that much time there.

I was the 3rd class to graduate from Brookwood. My sisters both graduated from Parkview. School redistricting was fun. I went to 3 elementary schools, 3 middle schools and two high schools. I only moved one time during all of that. FFMS opened after Christmas break when I was in 7th grade. We got to be the first ones to break the rules there as well as Brookwood. Not sure if Mr. Klaudt was at FFMS when you went there, but his brother lives in my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:46:53 PM EDT

View Quote

I knew 2 Gambini’s in high school. Small world.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:22:15 PM EDT

I was the 3rd class to graduate from Brookwood. My sisters both graduated from Parkview. School redistricting was fun. I went to 3 elementary schools, 3 middle schools and two high schools. I only moved one time during all of that. FFMS opened after Christmas break when I was in 7th grade. We got to be the first ones to break the rules there as well as Brookwood. Not sure if Mr. Klaudt was at FFMS when you went there, but his brother lives in my neighborhood.
View All Quotes

Your time there predates mine. I was at FFMS in the 90-92 time frame.  Only teacher I recall was Mr. Willard, a history teacher. I remember him talking about the fragging of officers in Vietnam.

I got tossed from FFMS a couple times....was worth it.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:24:22 PM EDT

I knew 2 Gambini's in high school. Small world.
View All Quotes

I knew 2 Gambini's in high school. Small world.
There were like 12 or 13 of them. I knew two of them.
Top Top