Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2021 10:07:22 PM EDT
Are there any good driving roads, something scenic and/or twisty, that takes less than a full day from Cheyenne?

I'd really like to go for a nice day drive.

I was told HWY 14 through the forest is nice, went through fort collins to connect and it turned to a gravel road.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to pine bluffs,  go to the shrine( if you're catholic) then go to the distillery.
Go to chugwater for the Chili. And visit the alert facility on your way home.
Go down to Walden...
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, will check those out.

Drove 211 yesterday, was a great drive until it turned to gravel. My poor tires can't take any more damage.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Then you need better tires. This is Wyoming after all
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Gravel roads are where the fun begins, you are missing out if you are sticking to asphalt.  Heck, I’m in CO and I live on a gravel road.  I’d get better tires and go have fun.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Will check if they make KO2s for my sports car.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are there any good driving roads, something scenic and/or twisty, that takes less than a full day from Cheyenne?

I'd really like to go for a nice day drive.

I was told HWY 14 through the forest is nice, went through fort collins to connect and it turned to a gravel road.
View Quote

Hwy 14 is paved all the way to Walden and beyond.  I have no idea why you were on a gravel road leaving Ft. Collins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top