Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2020 9:32:52 AM EDT
Hi, guys.

My girlfriend wants a nice crab dinner. Short of going to the east coast where is a good place to go in Macomb county for crab.

Thanks,

Steve
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Find a Mitchell’s Fish Market. Dunno if they have them in Macomb but there’s a great one in Rochester, not far from Macomb if there isn’t one.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Rochester is perfect. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
This Maryland native might have to go check out Mitchell’s. I actually just had a good crab cake in Arlington, VA two nights ago. If there’s a place to find decent lump blue crab meat around the area, it’s not hard to make and cook your own crab cakes. You can sometimes find canned lump crab that’s good quality, or meat that was frozen for shipping (comes in plastic containers like coleslaw). I’ve made them a couple times at home.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Make her dinner.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Last time I was at Mitchells their King Crab legs were small.

Rochester Steak House in Downtown Rochester is pretty good. They are part of the Kruse and Myer Group. There is a secret. They share a kitchen with Kabin Krusers which is more of a bar/lounge Happy Hour place. A lot of the menu is the same but at lower prices. I'm not sure Crab Legs is on the list but we usually fill ourselves on a variety of seafood Happy Hour appetizers.

Kruse and Muer restaurants
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top