Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2020 10:36:42 AM EDT
Is there anyone in Central Florida that has a good selection of higher end AR optics I could look through. Aimpoints, EoTechs, Trijicons, etc.? I really want a quality optic for the AR I'm building, but astigmatism is a bitch and I don't want to have a several-hundred-dollar paperweight I can't use.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Shooter's World ?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I would second Shooters World, and add Reload (tarpon springs) as well (they also have some nice suppressors)
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I found with my astg that primary arms dots looks the same as the eotechs I had. So I sold off my eotechs and have used PA,Sig and Holosun dots. Since. I find they have great features and performance for the value. Lots of reputable web gun gear reviewers that have done the aimpoint type testing to them and they have all survived.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Shooter's World ?
View Quote

Quoted:
I would second Shooters World, and add Reload (tarpon springs) as well (they also have some nice suppressors)
View Quote

Well, I tried Shooter's World in Orlando... Asked to see their red dot sights and was shown a selection of Sightmark, TruGlo, and Sig sights.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, I tried Shooter's World in Orlando... Asked to see their red dot sights and was shown a selection of Sightmark, TruGlo, and Sig sights.
View Quote

The one in The Villages has good stuff.
\
ETA- at least they did several months ago.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're near Tampa, Shooters World, Shoot Straight, and Bass Pro all have a decent variety of optics. SW probably has the most red dot type sights, Bass Pro has a ton of scopes, and Shoot Straight has a little less selection of both.

Also, I have the same problem with astigmatism and I've really come to appreciate prism sights and LPVOs. My EOtech is the best of the electronic sights by far for it, but the only way to really avoid it is a prism sight or LPVO. I have a Vortex 1x prism and a Burris 3x prism and 1-6x LPVO, and they're the only illuminated optics I've ever used that don't have any smearing or starburst effects. They also have the benefit of always having an etched black reticle even if the battery dies.

If you're not looking for magnification, maybe check out the PA 1x prisms- they seem very well-liked. Otherwise, an LPVO within whatever budget you have (my choice under $500 was the Burris RT-6) might be the best way to go. They aren't as quick as a red dot at 1x, and you're obviously paying a penalty in weight and size, but I prefer it as a Jack-of-all-trades option over a magnified dot or a magnified prism/dot setup.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're near Tampa, Shooters World, Shoot Straight, and Bass Pro all have a decent variety of optics. SW probably has the most red dot type sights, Bass Pro has a ton of scopes, and Shoot Straight has a little less selection of both.

Also, I have the same problem with astigmatism and I've really come to appreciate prism sights and LPVOs. My EOtech is the best of the electronic sights by far for it, but the only way to really avoid it is a prism sight or LPVO. I have a Vortex 1x prism and a Burris 3x prism and 1-6x LPVO, and they're the only illuminated optics I've ever used that don't have any smearing or starburst effects. They also have the benefit of always having an etched black reticle even if the battery dies.

If you're not looking for magnification, maybe check out the PA 1x prisms- they seem very well-liked. Otherwise, an LPVO within whatever budget you have (my choice under $500 was the Burris RT-6) might be the best way to go. They aren't as quick as a red dot at 1x, and you're obviously paying a penalty in weight and size, but I prefer it as a Jack-of-all-trades option over a magnified dot or a magnified prism/dot setup.
View Quote

What I really want is something as bombproof as possible, and still let me aim with my astigmatism.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Go to Florida Gun Exchange in Daytona Beach, it's better than Shoot Straight in every way. More inventory and better selection of quality products. And the staff aren't complete mouth breathers like most places, which is a plus
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Veritas Tactical over near Goldenrod and the 408.  They had a good selection of optics and were a pleasure to deal with.  If anyone needs nfa engraving services they are top notch for that as well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#10]
The Armories has a good selection, usually. Might call first though and get an idea what is on the shelf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top