Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2020 12:48:20 PM EDT
Good news: Checked my mail just now and got the confirmation letter from the Commonwealth that my Unemployment claim has been approved as of 11/05/2020.

Bad news: I've been working 6 days/week since November 1 2018, with the exception of a few personal days, and can guarantee that I haven't needed or filed for benefits I went back to work then.

Can somebody give me an idea of what might be going on? I'm thinking identity theft, but these days anythings possible.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Its been happening a lot. There’s tons of fraud attempts occurring with PA UC. You’re going to have to contact them somehow and shut that down.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 12:06:02 AM EDT
[#2]
My brother is on disability for 7 years an they I think they sent sent him over $13000 in unemployment checks. He contacted the state then destroyed them. All we could figure it was someone trying to commit fraud.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 5:41:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Great, the last time I needed to call them when I WAS out of work in 2018 I was on hold for an hour. And that was without Covid. Monday gonna suck! Tks for the replies guys.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck.  A guy i work with wife is a supervisor there.  She said that best bet is to get online right when they open and try a chat.  You could also try to call right when they open.  Prob your best bet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top