Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2018 10:50:07 AM EDT
We are going to be in Illinois the first week of August riding Harleys, I checked the fact page about carrying guns but it was 8 yrs old.

Can you give us the down and dirty about your fine state.
Can we have them in the Hotel room with luggage

Do not want to get jacked up with gun charges.

Help a guy out please

Bill
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You can have a loaded firearm in your hotel room.

You can carry a loaded firearm while riding your bike if you have a CCW in your state. If your not actively riding then the firearm needs to be unloaded (no magazine inserted) or disassembled to a non-functioning state in a “case”.

If you don’t have a CCW then your firearm needs to be unloaded and in a case, beside in your hotel room or the place where your temporarily living.

There are no statewide magazine restrictions. Certain towns have magazine restrictions (Chicago is currently at 15 rounds for handguns)
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can have a loaded firearm in your hotel room.

You can carry a loaded firearm while riding your bike if you have a CCW in your state. If your not actively riding then the firearm needs to be unloaded (no magazine inserted) or disassembled to a non-functioning state in a “case”.

If you don’t have a CCW then your firearm needs to be unloaded and in a case, beside in your hotel room or the place where your temporarily living.

There are no statewide magazine restrictions. Certain towns have magazine restrictions (Chicago is currently at 15 rounds for handguns)
View Quote
Thank you sir
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
Actually, you can have it loaded in hotel room...It becomes your abode.  Otherwise, unloaded and enclosed in a case with no stipulation on where the ammo can be...I know how bikers like their fanny packs but, they qualify as a case.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Actually, you can have it loaded in hotel room...It becomes your abode.  Otherwise, unloaded and enclosed in a case with no stipulation on where the ammo can be...I know how bikers like their fanny packs but, they qualify as a case.
View Quote
No fanny pack on my person,  i refuse to conform
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:46:53 AM EDT
[#5]
OP Request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top