Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 3/25/2021 7:27:42 PM EDT
Looking at radar now. Fuuuuuuuck. Good luck fellas!

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:12:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:55:11 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By southerncross:
It's fine. Everything is fine

Good luck!
View Quote
Meh, I'm in NEGA...hardly ever bad weather here. Some heavy rain and thunder.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:17:30 AM EDT
It was noisy out my way. Best wishes for our Newnan folks, that storm went just south of me. I could see non-stop lightning in that direction from my front porch before I went to bed but didn't know a tornado hit until this morning.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:12:36 PM EDT
I feel for the folks in Newnan, been there, done that and once you survive a direct hit you're never the same again.  At least I wasn't. Fortunately I haven't heard of any fatalities there or even injuries which seems hard to believe looking at the video.

One of the requirements I had when we moved from Oklahoma was that our house here have a shelter or a basement.  It definitely adds a little bit of comfort during storms.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:27:36 PM EDT
I had blitzortung open last night and Cartersville was getting HAMMERED with lightning.

Never seen it that dense before.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:08:35 PM EDT
it was a shit show... I live 3mi from the touchdown.... it was dead still then BOOM! for me nothing major
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 5:47:04 PM EDT
I'm half a mile from the one that touched down at 12 and messed up the steel mill. Took out a ton of trees and put a fair amount of them on top of houses. We got lucky and avoided us.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:50:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Whood:
I'm half a mile from the one that touched down at 12 and messed up the steel mill. Took out a ton of trees and put a fair amount of them on top of houses. We got lucky and avoided us.
View Quote

@Whood, what steel mill are you referring to? Gerdau in Cartersville?
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:03:24 PM EDT
Came through fine other than a lot of rain....
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 7:32:01 AM EDT
Yes that's the one
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:26:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Whood:
Yes that's the one
View Quote

Well dang, I used to live right on the other side of the hill from it on Peeples Valley Rd, moved back in 2018 though, I would have hated to wait out a tornado in my old house. It was built on a slab, no basement and nowhere to go.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:29:49 AM EDT
Yeah there are multiple houses on grassdale that if it was a stronger storm and lifted homes they would have been sol. I do think being in the valley helps keep things off to eitherside of us. Atleast that's what I tell myself when the weather's bad haha.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:13:03 PM EDT
Im in Newnan near Corinth Rd... down the block around 3 miles is Smoky Rd... we were delivering  fuel to the machines.. man this was sooo bad
Top Top