Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2021 12:16:56 PM EDT
Ida looks like a mean one.  My wife is from Natchitoches and we have visited your fine state many times.
Again, best luck to you.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Really quiet in here. ....where everybody at?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Folks there have a HEAP of trouble with 150+ mph wind, 16 foot sea surges, and zero electricity. Prayers sent...

Hurricane Ida Death Toll to Climb

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there Thursday. Anything in extreme short supply that I can bring to donate?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
It was a rough one and we were not in the path.   My BIL and SIL are on Bayou Lafourche and they caught extreme hell.   They are 30 miles up the bayou from Port Fourchon, the bullseye of the storm.

Prayers are with everyone....

We lost power at 4PM Sunday and back on today at 4PM....we are on CLECO electric
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 10:29:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: southlak9cop] [#5]
I’m with the SO down in Houma (Terrebonne). We got smashed. My house survived with no problems. Lost a utility shed and mangled up the live oak in my backyard. Many people are now homeless. Water was restored to my area yesterday, but our electrical grid is FUBAR. Probably on my generator till October.

We’ve never had water issues here, and technically “didn’t” because I had access to an over filled ditch and fire to purify, but running water is overlooked.

I now have a new 55 gallon drum with drinking water on my rear deck thanks to a friend in Lafayette.

Also of note, we’ve had a shit ton of whole house Generacs fail. Some are believed to be circuit boards, but a generac dealer/service told me that Generac recently changed designs to a thicker air filter that’s causing problems with staying running when gas pressures go lower. Something about screwing up the fuel/air mix.

I don’t own one, I just ran into him out and asked what was up with everyone complaining about their $10k generators failing.

Our judges are dropping $1 million bonds on looters here. That’s cool too. We still catch them daily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top