Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2020 10:57:31 PM EDT
Going to be up there tomorrow.  Any recommendations?  Looking for magazines, maybe a magazine holder for Glock 19, bullets, primers, etc.  Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
If you pass through Booneville Black Rifle is right off the highway.

Modern Arms is worth a visit.  Powder Horn is more hunting oriented but they still have a big selection.  They're probably the best place for reloading stuff.  Target Masters is an indoor range with a small shop attached.  Columbia's Bass Pro is pretty meh.

There was a surplus store on the west end of town on the outer road next to a liquor store, I forget what its called.  Not awesome but I'd stop in and find something every once in a great while.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:57:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JAD762:
If you pass through Booneville Black Rifle is right off the highway.

Modern Arms is worth a visit.  Powder Horn is more hunting oriented but they still have a big selection.  They're probably the best place for reloading stuff.  Target Masters is an indoor range with a small shop attached.  Columbia's Bass Pro is pretty meh.

There was a surplus store on the west end of town on the outer road next to a liquor store, I forget what its called.  Not awesome but I'd stop in and find something every once in a great while.
View Quote

I think the surplus shop closed down.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By thorshammerblow:

I think the surplus shop closed down.
View Quote

Yeah, the last time I drove through COMO the building looked vacant but I was just driving by on 70 so I wasn't sure.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JAD762:
If you pass through Booneville Black Rifle is right off the highway.

Modern Arms is worth a visit.  Powder Horn is more hunting oriented but they still have a big selection.  They're probably the best place for reloading stuff.  Target Masters is an indoor range with a small shop attached.  Columbia's Bass Pro is pretty meh.

There was a surplus store on the west end of town on the outer road next to a liquor store, I forget what its called.  Not awesome but I'd stop in and find something every once in a great while.
View Quote

Black Rifle is closed down. :(
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. I'll see if I can hit Powder Horn and the other one at least.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Modern Arms is pretty decent.  They always have a few interesting irons.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dab2:

Black Rifle is closed down. :(
View Quote

No kidding?

Dang, I always made it a point to stop in there and usually found something to buy when I make one of my cross state trips.

I'm kinda sad to hear that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Black Rifle is very much still open, just in Boonville now, not Columbia.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#9]
There is also an Academy Sports on the east side south of I70. It is behind HyVee. Academy's prices are definitely better than Bass Pro. The surplus store closed a couple of years ago, the owner is up there in age. They had their warehouse down town open until last year. Someone bought the warehouse out and moved it all. I haven't been to Black Rifle since they moved to Booneville.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Modern Arms, if for no other reason to visit Larry

Graf and Sons is up near Mexico Missouri if you are wanting a 45 minute detour for reloading supplies.

If you want to order from Midway Arms you can stop by and pick it up, orders are usually ready within 1-2 hours.

Steve
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JBowles:
Black Rifle is very much still open, just in Boonville now, not Columbia.
View Quote

Thank you for the correction!...I bought my favorite CCW jacket there a few years back and at that time could only be envious that you all could buy a suppressor in Missouri. But since my move from Ill-noise to MO 10 months ago, it is now a real possibility. I will have to make a road trip to Boonville to check it out. Thanks again!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Graf's is still NOT allowing customer pickups at this time so I'm sure the store front is closed too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:13:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to Modern Arms and Powder Horn.  Powder Horn definitely had a lot more guns but they seemed pretty high to me.  Bought some primers and it about killed me.  Paid almost $40 for a brick.  I remember when we were paying $10 per brick.  

Those guys at Modern are a hoot!  Didn't buy anything cause they didn't have the magazine and mag carriers I want but they were fun to talk to.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By redleg13a:
I went to Modern Arms and Powder Horn.  Powder Horn definitely had a lot more guns but they seemed pretty high to me.  Bought some primers and it about killed me.  Paid almost $40 for a brick.  I remember when we were paying $10 per brick.  

Those guys at Modern are a hoot!  Didn't buy anything cause they didn't have the magazine and mag carriers I want but they were fun to talk to.
View Quote

Glad to hear that Black Rifle's Booneville location is still up and going.

And yes, Larry is a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Hi,

I think theres a surplus store in Lebanon, Mo.  I don't know if it's open now, but was a couple of years ago.

JJKrzos
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:42:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hi,

I think theres a surplus store in Lebanon, Mo.  I don't know if it's open now, but was a couple of years ago.

JJKrzos
View Quote

its still there and its a gunshop too. But it is a bit out of the way from columbia
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

its still there and its a gunshop too. But it is a bit out of the way from columbia
View Quote

Last time I was there they had Aero "PEW" lowers, I snagged a couple for $75
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top