Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2018 6:32:46 PM EDT
My sister, her husband and their son just arrived in Washington.   Good conservative family moving up from Georgia due to his work requiring the move.

They had been planning on staying with a friend until they buy a house.  Tight quarters and a 2 hour commute to his work (Kent) have them looking to rent a place until they can buy one.

I was hoping to get some general area beta about where to look and where to avoid.  He is working in Kent and commuting from a couple of hours south right now.  My sister said that they were thinking of looking north of Seattle, but it gets expensive north of Renton??   I think they want to rent for 6 months or a year in the area they will be looking for a house.   She said they need an area that has rentals for a family of three (with 2 dogs) for 1500 (possibly up to 2000) per month.

It would be great to get some areas to look and areas to avoid from like minded people that live in the area.  There friends live south and don't know the area they want to move.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If he is working in Kent, he wants to stay in S. King/N. Peirce County to keep his commute down.  If he moves north of Seattle, he's back to that 2 hour commute, unless he's driving off-hours.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
There are still nice neighborhoods in Auburn.

PM me, house next door is for rent.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Burien is still pretty affordable, convenient to Kent, and likely to accrue quickly in value if they choose to buy there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Only conservative strong hold west of the mountains is lynden, next to the border.  Expect lynden to fall within the next few years.  The whole west side of the mountains is a lost cause.  East side is good but being lost to Spokane and Yakima.  Housing is expensive  everywhere.  Good luck with finding a place.  I'm leaving as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are still nice neighborhoods in Auburn.

PM me, house next door is for rent.
View Quote
This is where I am at. Takes me twenty minutes to get to Kent in the morning and the same for the ride home.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 1:12:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Auburn / Maple Valley.
Some parts of Kent itself maybe.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:27:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the replies!   I’ve forwarded the info.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:30:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:15:20 AM EDT
[#9]
if they are looking to buy I can text MountedMedic, he's one hell of a real estate agent, wont jerk you around and has helped more than a few WAHTF members.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 4:03:39 AM EDT
[#10]
This...

Quoted:
Only conservative strong hold west of the mountains is lynden, next to the border.  Expect lynden to fall within the next few years.  The whole west side of the mountains is a lost cause.  East side is good but being lost to Spokane and Yakima.  Housing is expensive  everywhere.  Good luck with finding a place.  I'm leaving as soon as possible.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:20:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Born and raised in the South Seattle area, now living in Auburn.

Kent has a few OK areas, but not my cup of tea anymore since I can't handle dealing with dumbasses anymore.

I live in the Lakeland Hills of Auburn and I'm more than happy there since its quite and very safe, compared to the rest of the area in the "valley" parts of both Auburn and Kent.  More important, it has a sense of community in that area and people tend to care about things.  Its very common to see women running in the morning/evening hours and kid riding their bikes to and from friends houses.

Plus, you do not see bums floating around at all since that would attract attention from everybody and without doubt the cops will called to point them, the "Walking Dead," back to the valley areas.

It's still King County, so it still very liberal, but I'm sure there is a good number of conservative people up there to keep any seriously stupid libtard stuff in check...  It can't be too bad since you can fly both an American and military branch of service flag on your property.  Some idiot was flying a Croatian flag and was told to take it down or be fined by the HOA.

Welcome and good luck!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Stay out of Thurston County.

I-5 is a disaster on a good day, and there aren't that many good days.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:56:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Burien is still pretty affordable, convenient to Kent, and likely to accrue quickly in value if they choose to buy there.
View Quote
Burien has become a gang infested shit hole.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Hi,

I'm an agent and would be happy to help them get situated.  I have helped 2T2_Crash and other ARFCOM families. If he works in Kent and is looking to find more affordable housing, Pierce County is going to be more affordable than King.

Average Pierce County House Price $379,991
Average King County House Price $770,210
These stats are from last month.

I'll send you a message with my contact info.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Puyallup
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top