Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2021 5:00:22 PM EDT
I just became a resident of this beautiful state and while I can shoot suppressed rimfire on my property I need an actual range for the bigger stuff.  I would prefer a few things:
1) Outdoor
2) Private or semi-private membership
3) Rifle/pistol/shotgun ranges included
4) 300 yard rifle range minimum
5) Within an hour's drive or so of the Benton area
6) Reasonable cost of membership.  I looked at one club in Little Rock that had a lot to offer except for the 50+ dollar monthly fee.

I have so far seen Benton Gun Club and a place near Hot Springs that looks appealing.  Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just became a resident of this beautiful state and while I can shoot suppressed rimfire on my property I need an actual range for the bigger stuff.  I would prefer a few things:
1) Outdoor
2) Private or semi-private membership
3) Rifle/pistol/shotgun ranges included
4) 300 yard rifle range minimum
5) Within an hour's drive or so of the Benton area
6) Reasonable cost of membership.  I looked at one club in Little Rock that had a lot to offer except for the 50+ dollar monthly fee.

I have so far seen Benton Gun Club and a place near Hot Springs that looks appealing.  Any recommendations?
View Quote

BGC and MVSA ($130/yr) are your best options i think. There is a a new range in SW LR ive heard about, but i dont remember the name.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Going to check out BGC.  Their website isn't the best though and it's hard to figure out how to join.  I believe prospective members must attend a meeting first.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:34:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Going to check out BGC.  Their website isn't the best though and it's hard to figure out how to join.  I believe prospective members must attend a meeting first.
View Quote

You are correct.  Everyone has to attend a meeting and tell everyone why they want to join.  Don't ever let your membership lapse because then you would have to do it all over again plus pay the range maintenance fee again.

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
BGC is what you seek.  I use it only a couple times a year, but I won't ever let my membership lapse.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]
ETA: I originally posted a long detailed post but I figured its TLDR for most.

So, Ill just say I have been and still am a member of BGC for over a decade now.  And I am also a member of the new range south of the airport, Twisted Barrel Precision.

As with the others, I would also suggest BGC to the OP for what he describes that he wants to use the range for.  TBP is specialized in LR and ELR shooting, so not for everyone.

Since this incoorperates a more complex range, with more complex set of safety rules, and with a higher membership fee along with a smaller membership cap to boot.

I will be happy to answer any questons I can about TBP for those that are interested in true LR/ELR shooting or just curious about the new range.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:38:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Many thanks to everyone for the good info! BGC looks like a good place.  Barring any unforseen work obligations, I am planning to attend the January meeting this coming Monday and join up.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

BGC and MVSA ($130/yr) are your best options i think. There is a a new range in SW LR ive heard about, but i dont remember the name.
View Quote

I think you might be talking about Twisted Barrel Precision? They're on the South East side of Little Rock between 440 and 530
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top